Ha Not Curmudgeon

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
wab said:
Ignore Ha.   He's deep into his curmudgeonhood.

I admit I resemble that remark today- I have a cold.

But I want to post a foto of Ha and friends in a joyful state. I have one in mind, it is 130KB, and it is sitting in an .mpeg file on my computer.

Can someone tell me how to post it here? I know this was discussed recently, but I can't find the instructions.

Thanks, Ha
:) :) :)

Re: Ha Not Mean-Needs Instructions to Post Foto

Ha - How about opening in MS Paint and resizing the pic? Also, you could save as a .gif as I believe .gifs have smaller payload.

HaHa said:
Can someone tell me how to post it here? I know this was discussed recently, but I can't find the instructions.

Hey, aren't you the guy who said we don't need a FAQ here because you simply copy all of the posts you think are useful?  :)

Just click that "Additional Options..." link you see when you post, and it'll let you include a picture as an attachment.

If your pic is too big, you can use one of the free image hosting sites like imageshack.us or photobucket.com, upload your pic to their site, and then include a link in your post.

Those sites will probably give you everything you need to copy and paste, but if you just include the image url within [IMG]...[/IMG] tags, you can do it manually.

Mikey,

A .mpeg file is a movie file. MS Paint will not let you even open it. - Are you sure it is a .mpeg file?

I am not a total idiot when it comes to PC's, but I am not sure how to do this.

E-mail me the file and I'll fool around with it. kdbmeb@aol.com

OK!

Cutthroat, thanks for your offer, but I wanted to have a shot first. Somebody tell me if this is too big.

Anyway, I am the woman in the middle, no wait, the guy on the left.  ;) Just finished a swing dance weekend, and feeling good!

Ha

Frankie.jpg

Cut-Throat said:
Mikey,

A .mpeg file is a movie file. MS Paint will not let you even open it. - Are you sure it is a .mpeg file?

I am not a total idiot when it comes to PC's, but I am not sure how to do this.

E-mail me the file and I'll fool around with it. kdbmeb@aol.com

:LOL: I was definitely having a blonde moment. I thought I read jpeg.

Nice pic, Ha

HaHa said:
OK!

Cutthroat, thanks for your offer, but I wanted to have a shot first. Somebody tell me if this is too big.

Anyway, I am the woman in the middle, no wait, the guy on the left.  ;) Just finished a swing dance weekend, and feeling good! Some of you Ballardites may recognize the hall.

Ha

Mikey,

You're quite distinquished looking! I don't dance much, except if somebody's shooting! :D

- Could you tell me how you converted that .mpeg file to a .jpeg file?

Cut-Throat said:
Mikey,

You're quite distinquished looking!  I don't dance much, except if somebody's shooting! :D

- Could you tell me how you converted that .mpeg file to a .jpeg file?

Haha! I think distinguished is a euphemism for "old", but I appreciate your kind comment. :)

I "converted" it by reading the filename correctly.  :D I had just erroneously posted that it was an .mpeg. I don’t know enough about these file types to notice my mistakes.

Ha

Thanks for posting the pic, Ha! I would tell you that you look good, but I don't want to lead you on. ;)

Seriously, I really enjoy when people post pics, I like to be able to picture the person I'm chatting with. Plus, it's fun to see people enjoying their ER. :)

Ha: You look very Rococo. And debonair. And like a potential smarta**. :D

--Greg

lazyday said:
that's not Frankie Manning beside you, is it?

That's exactly what I was thinking! It looks exactly like Frankie. I saw him once
at a swing dance competition on Catalina Island and he was amazing. He's 80-something
and he was moving around like crazy...

That is Frankie- I think he is 90 now, still traveling non-stop, teaching workshops and performing.

Also one of the world's sweetest people.

Ha

Ha (Mikey) -
(Warning: Post is a HHP)

You are WAY too Cool! We are all going to have to plan a convention/get together of ER/Swing dance groupies! I was just going to ask DH if that pic looked like Frankie Manning and then read all the replies! How exciting!! This is great! Obviously there is a following here!! DH and I are self taught but enjoy thoroughly!

Thanks for your pic - what a hoot! (What year was this - question because Frankie looks pretty young! - you don't have to answer. :D)

Best regards! (and sa-loot!)
Jane :D

P. S. My DH is a Curmudgeon (but doesn't know it!)

I figured Ha would look a bit more mean --- an older Napoleon would be more accurate in my mind. Oh well, Ha is still a cool cat in my book. I'd buy him a drink any day.

Ha: Thanks for pic.

You're in fast company there. (My wife loves to swing
dance, and she also recognized Frankie Manning).

Hit it out of the park, Ha. (Somebody's got to prove that
white guys can dance.) ;)

Back
Top Bottom