Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
How do you know he over reacted? He hasn't told us how it started. I've called the police on a neighbor. I've also yelled at a neighbor and i'm just about the most mild-mannered person you'll ever meet. Some people deserve to have the police called on them or get yelled at. I can't comment more without knowing more details.
You're right, but OP did say he was "way out of line" so maybe I assumed too much. I never meant it that literally, but either way, I apologize.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Too late! Let it be. Best you can do now is, as others have said, a friendly wave, or watch for an opportunity to display consideration or kindness. Now, when someone goes off all crazy toward you, can you be the calm adult? If or when that happens, whether your neighbor is ever to find out, I'm pretty sure that is what he would want for you.

Cheers! Joe