Join Early Retirement Today

Halloween
Old 10-27-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Halloween

What are you doing on Halloween?

Garrison Keillor says:

"I will go as a Special Presecutor in a shiny suit, carrying a black briefcase, who after 7 p.m., turns in Raffaello, King of the Tango, with pointy shoes, trailing a cloud of lilac cologne. I will be a figure of stark teror and also a font of erotic energy, a scourge of miscreants and a friend of adventurous women."

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Halloween
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
"I will go as a Special Presecutor in a shiny suit, carrying a black briefcase, who after 7 p.m., turns in Raffaello, King of the Tango, with pointy shoes, trailing a cloud of lilac cologne.* I will be a figure of stark teror and also a font of erotic energy, a scourge of miscreants and a friend of adventurous women."
Gosh, I thought we were just going to hand out candy, but now spouse wants to go dancing...

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My country club is having a hallowean party tomorrow night. I'm going for the food and to listen to a band a buddy of mine plays in. Actual hallowean night I plan to have the lights off at my house so I don't have to deal with the little pharts. Yep, I'm a scrooge. *
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday night. Monday night, as usual, will be handing out candy to all the children who come to the door. We live in a wonderful family-orientated community. Block party once or twice a year. I even invited a neighbor (who lost her husband this year) to come over and hand out the candy with me. Her husband loved Halloween and was a big prankster - music, masks, etc. I think she will need the company this year. Enjoy!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #5
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Handing out candy to Trick or treaters of course.

Having been in the swamp (1979 - to 2005) with none - step daughter in spare room is going nuts - now that we're 'in the city' so to speak.

Wal Mart bats and other deco - plus a carved pumkin. Since I'm considered 'dangerous around sweets' - no candy purchase until right before the big event.

It will be interesting as to where the the *- er bigger crop of 'kids' turns out - the old pharts inside or the ones at the door.

Heh heh heh heh heh!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We will give out an estimated 100 or so candy treats to the little darlings. Dh likes to scare the kids... one of these days one of them gonna bean him good.

Cj

Dogs aren't our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
Outtahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

We will be going to a family friend's costume party, they have it almost every year, and it gets kind of wild!

Last time, I dressed as Neo fromt the Matrix, wearing dark sunglasses at night may look cool, but it sure makes it hard to see! They kept handing me dixie cups with strange concoctions, saying, "Hey L, this one is REALLY good!". All of a sudden I felt fuzzy and had to sit down. Long story short I passed out leaning on my hand, and no one realized it for some time. When they did, they saw fit to abuse me. See below:

[img width=750 height=562]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/laurencewill/DSCN1047.jpg[/img]

[img width=750 height=562]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/laurencewill/DSCN1048.jpg[/img]

[img width=750 height=562]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/laurencewill/DSCN1049.jpg[/img]

Needless to say I've been told I have to come every time from now on..... :P
Old 10-28-2005, 09:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOG51
My country club is having a hallowean party tomorrow night. I'm going for the food and to listen to a band a buddy of mine plays in. Actual hallowean night I plan to have the lights off at my house so I don't have to deal with the little pharts. Yep, I'm a scrooge. *
DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats. I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them.

It will be part of my money saving strategy....don't spend money on candy to give away.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM   #9
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

"The apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration..."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/28/mis....ap/index.html

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo!
"The apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration..."
"What are you doing for Halloween?"

"Oh, just hangin' out..."

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
Recycles dryer sheets

"DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats. I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them"

Steve, don't stomp the flaming paper bags on your porch tonight!
Ol&#039; Rancher<br /><br />I wake up in the morning with nothing to do, and by the end of the day, I feel lucky if I&#039;ve gotten less than half of it done.
Ol_Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol_Rancher
"DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats.* I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them"

Steve, don't stomp the flaming paper bags on your porch tonight!
I know better than that. :P

Amazing what the little "tykes" will do sometimes.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #13

I want to see more puketures of Lawrence at parties. 8)
Old 10-28-2005, 02:40 PM   #14
Full time employment: Posting here.

Grandkids come over and trick or treat in our neighborhood. I'll either go out with them or hand out candy at the front door. Love Halloween, but I'd certainly be willing to change the routine to get an invitation to L's party. Looks like fun!
Uncledrz