Halloween

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
What are you doing on Halloween?

Garrison Keillor says:

"I will go as a Special Presecutor in a shiny suit, carrying a black briefcase, who after 7 p.m., turns in Raffaello, King of the Tango, with pointy shoes, trailing a cloud of lilac cologne. I will be a figure of stark teror and also a font of erotic energy, a scourge of miscreants and a friend of adventurous women."

Martha said:
"I will go as a Special Presecutor in a shiny suit, carrying a black briefcase, who after 7 p.m., turns in Raffaello, King of the Tango, with pointy shoes, trailing a cloud of lilac cologne.  I will be a figure of stark teror and also a font of erotic energy, a scourge of miscreants and a friend of adventurous women."
Gosh, I thought we were just going to hand out candy, but now spouse wants to go dancing...

My country club is having a hallowean party tomorrow night. I'm going for the food and to listen to a band a buddy of mine plays in. Actual hallowean night I plan to have the lights off at my house so I don't have to deal with the little pharts. Yep, I'm a scrooge.  :)

We are going to a Halloween party on Saturday night. Monday night, as usual, will be handing out candy to all the children who come to the door. We live in a wonderful family-orientated community. Block party once or twice a year. I even invited a neighbor (who lost her husband this year) to come over and hand out the candy with me. Her husband loved Halloween and was a big prankster - music, masks, etc. I think she will need the company this year. Enjoy!

Handing out candy to Trick or treaters of course.

Having been in the swamp (1979 - to 2005) with none - step daughter in spare room is going nuts - now that we're 'in the city' so to speak.

Wal Mart bats and other deco - plus a carved pumkin. Since I'm considered 'dangerous around sweets' - no candy purchase until right before the big event.

It will be interesting as to where the the  - er bigger crop of 'kids' turns out - the old pharts inside or the ones at the door.

Heh heh heh heh heh!

We will give out an estimated 100 or so candy treats to the little darlings. Dh likes to scare the kids... one of these days one of them gonna bean him good.

Cj

We will be going to a family friend's costume party, they have it almost every year, and it gets kind of wild!

Last time, I dressed as Neo fromt the Matrix, wearing dark sunglasses at night may look cool, but it sure makes it hard to see! They kept handing me dixie cups with strange concoctions, saying, "Hey L, this one is REALLY good!". All of a sudden I felt fuzzy and had to sit down. Long story short I passed out leaning on my hand, and no one realized it for some time. When they did, they saw fit to abuse me. See below:

DSCN1047.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

Needless to say I've been told I have to come every time from now on..... :p ;)

DOG51 said:
My country club is having a hallowean party tomorrow night. I'm going for the food and to listen to a band a buddy of mine plays in. Actual hallowean night I plan to have the lights off at my house so I don't have to deal with the little pharts. Yep, I'm a scrooge.  :)

DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats. I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them. ;)

It will be part of my money saving strategy....don't spend money on candy to give away.

REWahoo! said:
"The apparent suicide of a woman found hanging from a tree went unreported for hours because passers-by thought the body was a Halloween decoration..."
"What are you doing for Halloween?"

"Oh, just hangin' out..."

"DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats. I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them"

Steve, don't stomp the flaming paper bags on your porch tonight! :LOL:

Ol_Rancher said:
"DW is working late and I hate to deal with the little brats; most of whom are bussed into the area for the upscale treats.  I have no kids at home and my grandkids live too far away to come here so I will be "lights out" and let the other folks here with 5+ kids each deal with them"

Steve, don't stomp the flaming paper bags on your porch tonight! :LOL:

I know better than that. :p

Amazing what the little "tykes" will do sometimes. :bat:

I want to see more puketures of Lawrence at parties. 8)

Grandkids come over and trick or treat in our neighborhood. I'll either go out with them or hand out candy at the front door. Love Halloween, but I'd certainly be willing to change the routine to get an invitation to L's party. Looks like fun!
Uncledrz

Back
Top Bottom