Halloween costumes

Sarah in SC

Moderator Emeritus
I'm working on some ideas for the Skinful Halloween Ball coming up and would love to hear any suggestions for cool costumes.

One idea is an 80s theme for DH and I--I found this MCHammer-esque costume online for him and might be able to manage an Flashdance-type costume for myself. He's not quite sold on the plan, though. :cool:

And we're very excited about the party--and I know HFWR will be insanely jealous as he has a well-documented appreciation for tribute bands...Mini KISS is playing! They are a group of little people who dress and perform as KISS. I know, isn't that the most awesome thing you've ever heard of? :D

The party features a lot of very scantily clad folks (my pole dancing friends will be performing, too) but we'll not be quite that daring with our own costumes!

Attachments

• Hammertime.jpg
    Hammertime.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 148
The party features a lot of very scantily clad folks (my pole dancing friends will be performing, too) ...
This thread is worthless without (more) pictures.

And video. Video would be good, too!

Last edited:
Here's a link to their gallery page from last year (Nords, you'll appreciate that it was held on the old Navy Base in North Charleston in 2009). We didn't go, so no fear of seeing me wearing only glow-in-the-dark body paint. :)
Skinful Halloween

Here's a link to their gallery page from last year (Nords, you'll appreciate that it was held on the old Navy Base in North Charleston in 2009).
I'm glad to see that place finally got some productive use.

Those costumes are almost as scary as the wearers!

Here's a link to their gallery page from last year (Nords, you'll appreciate that it was held on the old Navy Base in North Charleston in 2009). We didn't go, so no fear of seeing me wearing only glow-in-the-dark body paint. :)
Skinful Halloween

Great photos. I would certainly need to have had a skinfull to dress up in some of those costumes. (at least in public :whistle:).

Maybe you should go as a hooker and he could be your pimp . That seems like easy costumes .

On the Halloween around when Goldfinger came out my older sister put on a bikini, and sprayed herself with gold paint. This idea:

Goldfinger%282%29.jpg

Yes, regular, toxic, from the hardware store, gold paint. Surprisingly, she didn't get sick or die.

Anyway, perhaps there is a non-toxic way you could do something like this. Be an Oscar, for example?

Or be a pole dancer, complete with pole.

When I was a teenager a friend got a suit at Goodwill and cut the back 1/2 out of it and replaced it with elastic bands. The difference between coming and going was rather ... er ... striking. :blush:

I've got the perfect choice - Don would make a fabulous Shark Boy. :D

Attachments

• The-Adventures-of-Sharkboy-and-Lavagirl-in-3-D-thumb-560xauto-25710.gif
    The-Adventures-of-Sharkboy-and-Lavagirl-in-3-D-thumb-560xauto-25710.gif
    120.4 KB · Views: 0
I saw the real Kiss in a bar in Atlanta in 1974. Left after three songs...

<Insert barfing emoticon here...>

In the early 90s, a local radio station was having a "bring in the weekend" party. I decided to go, if only to score some free ZZ Top tickets for an upcoming show. Alas, had to buy my own tickets, but I did get a free "ZZ Top beard". For Halloween, I cut out a plywood guitar, covered it in fur, donned the ZZ Top beard, some cheap sunglasses, and, viola, the Reverend Willie G.

Sorry, no pics. I think my ex-DW might have one, but I ain't asking...

Have you ever noticed that Frank Beard is the member of ZZ Top who doesn't have a beard?

Here's an idea....

Attachments

• zappa.jpg
    zappa.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 103
...or perhaps

Attachments

• bowie.jpg
    bowie.jpg
    423 KB · Views: 0
On the Halloween around when Goldfinger came out my older sister put on a bikini, and sprayed herself with gold paint. This idea:

Goldfinger%282%29.jpg

Yes, regular, toxic, from the hardware store, gold paint. Surprisingly, she didn't get sick or die.

Anyway, perhaps there is a non-toxic way you could do something like this. Be an Oscar, for example?

Or be a pole dancer, complete with pole.

How did she remove the paint?

Great ideas, ya'll! Jesus with a beer is hilarious!
I love the gold paint! I'm not afraid of toxicity--I'm not having kids or anything, so my chromosomes are expendable.
And I wonder which one would be easier to talk DH into: the ZZ Top or the David Bowie? Thinking ZZ Top--I could dress as the girl from the She's Got Legs video!
The Adam and Eve is funny, too!
Very cool --Harley I don't know those characters Shark Boy and Lava Girl--will have to check them out!

Great ideas, ya'll! Jesus with a beer is hilarious!
I love the gold paint! I'm not afraid of toxicity--I'm not having kids or anything, so my chromosomes are expendable.
And I wonder which one would be easier to talk DH into: the ZZ Top or the David Bowie? Thinking ZZ Top--I could dress as the girl from the She's Got Legs video!
The Adam and Eve is funny, too!
Very cool --Harley I don't know those characters Shark Boy and Lava Girl--will have to check them out!
Did you see these for couples pictures
Harley Quinn And Joker*Picture
Beetlejuice And Lydia*Picture

Yes, I loved those!
Not so special was the tampon man and cat girl. ;)
I forgot to mention that DH already has a cockroach costume, if only I was willing to dress up as Franz Kafka and spend the night explaining existentialism to people in body paint.

Harley I don't know those characters Shark Boy and Lava Girl--will have to check them out!

They are from a cheesy movie from 2005, no big deal. But it's become popular now with the teeny bopper crowd because Sharkboy was played by the guy who is Jacob in the Twilight movies. I thought you'd look great in the pink hair outfit, and Don would kill you for putting him in a shark outfit. :ROFLMAO:

I forgot to mention that DH already has a cockroach costume, if only I was willing to dress up as Franz Kafka and spend the night explaining existentialism to people in body paint.
Too bad you're not looking for couple costumes - you could dress as Ben Franklin and Betsy Ross, make a couple of protest signs and go as Tea Party Protesters...

Is that "explaining to people in body paint" or "you in body paint explaining":)

Hey - you could go as an exterminator. Orkin Man, Men in Black - even a giant Raid figure...

LOL--unless I get the tummy control gold spray paint, I'm pretty sure I'm not willing to be seen only in paint, Michael.

One consideration is that we'll be dancing and hooping (I'm taking my LED light up hoop) so my costume needs to be something I can move around in pretty easily and can work up a sweat.

I can't imagine what sort of political costume there might be, a la the tea partiers. It is a liberal crowd in both outlook and attire.

And HFWR, I am shocked that you are not more excited about the midget Kiss tribute band--why I thought that would put you on an airplane here just to see them! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom