Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Hand Car Wash information needed
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Hand Car Wash information needed

I have been thinking about starting my own business and I like the idea of a hand car wash.

If there is anyone out there that currently or used to own a car wash, I would greatly appreciate any advise and feedback as far as start up cost, monthly expenses, profit, etc.
xmanz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I don't know about hand car wash from the business point of view. I do have experience from the customer point of view.

I had my cars hand washed many times. The results were definitely better than machine wash, but never as good my own doing. So, I only use those services when I am extremely lazy.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #3
Recycles dryer sheets

This is strictly a business comment and not a sexist comment.....

I've resided in 2 towns where a car wash owner implemented a bikini car wash. The results were lot's of publicity and probably lot's of car washes.
Life_is_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Before I moved here I lived in an affluent town in Florida and mobile car wash guys were making good money. You know, drive to your client and wash/wax his car in his driveway or at the office. Generally low startup cost but you better know how to wax black without leaving a single swirl!

Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life_is_Good View Post

I've resided in 2 towns where a car wash owner implemented a bikini car wash. The results were lot's of publicity and probably lot's of car washes.
I like the idea of having women washing your car in bikini, but it could become a very controversial issue since I live in the south and there are a lot of religious people. I really don't want to start my business and get a lot of publicity from the TV station and group riots.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

So have them lose the bikini...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #7

There you go. Problem solved!
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

LOL!

Guys, I really need some feedback on start up costs, monthly expenses, profits, marketing, etc.

I would greatly appreciate your comments.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #9
Give me a forum ...

Hell, we just saved you a ton of money on outfits and laundering...will we get a cut of the profits for any further assistance?
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

When I checked into this, in my local area, they wanted half-a-mill, to buy an existing business. To steep, for this old man!!
Sundance Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life_is_Good View Post

Hmmm....I'm 6 foot 2, 250 lbs. You think I can find a bikini? A car wash business could work, but that's just it, it's WORK! I'm trying to loose that word from my vocabulary.
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanz3 View Post
I like the idea of having women washing your car in bikini, but it could become a very controversial issue since I live in the south and there are a lot of religious people. I really don't want to start my business and get a lot of publicity from the TV station and group riots.

I can see the protests now...

Down with Bikini's !
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #13

On a more serious note...

Check out the following links for a wealth of car wash related info...

A forum for car-wash businessmen

Talk Car Wash | Self-Service - Express Exterior - Flex Service - Conveyor | Car Wash Equipment, Chemicals, Issues

or

Auto Care Forum the premier informational Car Wash, Car Wash Investing, Quick Lube, Fast Lube, Detailing Site, You can communicate with others in the industry.

or

Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media

or

Car Wash Loans Site Menu Page

They can probably answer just about any question that you may have.

Also check out The international Car Wash Association.

http://www.carcarecentral.com/pgRend...8-F5DAE901BDAC}
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #14

< Back to the more important topic of Bikini Car washes>

SALT LAKE CITY, UT – A South Salt Lake bikini carwash employee already is in trouble with the law for showing too much flesh – less than one week after the business opened -- the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Betsy Brown, 19, will probably face lewdness charges, and a conviction could lead to a six-month jail sentence and $1,000 fine, for exposing herself to camera crews. Abbie Reynolds, owner, said Brown has been fired, but he accepted blame for the incident.

"I explained the situation, and she admitted she was not using her best judgment," Reynolds said. "It will never happen again."
Old 06-12-2007, 05:53 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Hmmm....I'm 6 foot 2, 250 lbs. You think I can find a bikini? A car wash business could work, but that's just it, it's WORK! I'm trying to loose that word from my vocabulary.

I'll pay six bucks to NOT see you in a bikini. Wow, this is getting profitable already!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
On a more serious note...

Check out the following links for a wealth of car wash related info...

A forum for car-wash businessmen

Talk Car Wash | Self-Service - Express Exterior - Flex Service - Conveyor | Car Wash Equipment, Chemicals, Issues

or

Auto Care Forum the premier informational Car Wash, Car Wash Investing, Quick Lube, Fast Lube, Detailing Site, You can communicate with others in the industry.

or

Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media

or

Car Wash Loans Site Menu Page

They can probably answer just about any question that you may have.

Also check out The international Car Wash Association.

Welcome Page
Thanks a lot for all those great links!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:23 PM   #17
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
NIMBY!!!!

Not in my back yard
Old 06-12-2007, 09:21 PM   #18
Give me a forum ...

Now that OP legimate question has been answered.

Can we make that future answers included pictures

Excluding men in bikini pictures of course
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
NIMBY!!!!

Not in my back yard
How about Besy Brown IYBY?
Old 06-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #20

do a google search. im sure theres a forum for carwash owners....

id think the profits would be tough to come by if the real estate is expensive for you.a prime spot wont be cheap

so the mobile thing sounds intriguing...but water supply would be the biggest issue there

look for a forum
thefed is offline   Reply With Quote