Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
Kentucky would have been Top 5 had they done the survey during a year UK won a b-ball NCAA championship
There is an article in the Washington Times on Calipari. It isn't real complimentary on his ethics.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post

IMNHO,you are wrong . I lived 17 years in Southern California, 3 years in Evansville, Indiana, 20 year in Northern California and 10 years in Hawaii. As far as climate is concerned. Hawaii Noi Ka Oi is the best.
I've been to Hawaii a dozen time in the last 25 years. I absolutely love Hawaii, love the beaches, love the ocean, love the mountains, love the life-style but the weather is just a little to hot and humid for my taste. On the other hand the ocean has the frigid Norcal ocean beat by a million miles.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #43
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb View Post
I've been to Hawaii a dozen time in the last 25 years. I absolutely love Hawaii, love the beaches, love the ocean, love the mountains, love the life-style but the weather is just a little to hot and humid for my taste. On the other hand the ocean has the frigid Norcal ocean beat by a million miles.
No seasons..... I couldn't live without seasons. And I need real ones, not little namby-pamby ones like those in South Carolina.

I want winter to be winter with snow, and summer to be summer, but not too hot---mostly in the 70's and low 80's, and fall to have beautiful changing colored leaves, and spring to have MUD, lots of mud, and of course biting flies, but only for about three weeks.

Its all about having the right gear. And I want to have gear. Gear for winter, gear for summer, gear for fall and spring. Different outerwear for each season.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We are now in the grouchiest part of the year for my neck of the woods...people are tired of winter and are more than ready for spring. It's pretty bad when all you feel you have to look forward to is rain and mud.
I was out grocery shopping last week and did an informal "smile count". The only smile I saw was my own reflection in the glass door of the dairy case when I was reaching to get some milk.
Sometimes I really feel like yelling out things like...
"Lighten up, folks. You woke up today."
"No asteroids crushed the planet today."
But I am a good girl...I was taught to behave in public.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Ah yes the beautiful snow clad Kansas plain and all those scenic cars spin out in the snow beside I-29 as I drove to the north side of Kansas City MO. ( coming back from San Diego).

Sure beats boring old Southern Cal.

heh heh heh - spring is just around the corner.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #46
Recycles dryer sheets

I too love the four seasons. I could never live where there was little rain. I have relatives that live in dry parts of the country and its unbearable to me. I've enjoyed all the snow this winter here in NE Ohio; its beautiful!
Old 02-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Here in Mississippi, we have experienced a little more winter than normal. Quite a few cold days with a little snow. The golf course was closed for 14 days in January. But Spring is just around the corner, golf greens are starting to green up. All is right in the world again.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
All is right in the world again.
That's the way I felt when I saw my Hyacinth appearing.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #49
Confused about dryer sheets

And I can't wait to FIRE and get out of the grey in the Midwest and go back home to the sunny year round sky's of AZ. Everyone has their own paradise, I hope you are enjoying yours or looking forward to which one you prefer.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #50
gone traveling

Snow melted yesterday (State #41) - guess what was under it ?....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008 Apr_May Benelux 209.jpg (844.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2008 Apr_May Benelux 220.jpg (1.11 MB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2008 Apr_May Benelux 210.jpg (620.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2008 Apr_May Benelux 217.jpg (1.23 MB, 0 views)