Happy Birthday to this WWII hero Fred Lieb

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Short Notice...Birthday Cards for World War II Infantry Combat Veteran:
Mr. Fred Lieb
304 Night Harbor Drive
Chapin, SC 29036

I apologize for the short notice. Next Tuesday, March 13th is the 92nd birthday of, Mr. Fred Lieb. Please try to send a card or note to this decorated member of the Greatest Generation. He was retroactively awarded a Bronze Star Medal last year for his service. Fred is the only WW2 veteran in the Night Harbor Community living here since 2006.
Fred was drafted into the Army September 1944 at age 18 shortly after completion of high school. Following Infantry training, he shipped overseas and was assigned to the 79th Infantry Division after the Battle of the Bulge. He was awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge while fighting in the Ruhr Valley and house-to-house combat. After war’s end, his unit was part of the Army of Occupation where his understrength Infantry Company of less than 100 men was assigned to guard a camp of over 3,000 German Prisoners of War. He then was assigned to the 1st Infantry Division Military Police where he served during the infamous Nuremberg War Crime Trials.
Discharged in 1946, Fred graduated from the University of Pittsburg with a Chemical Engineering degree. Hired by Chrysler, he earned a Masters in Automotive Engineering from their Institute of Technology. He retired from Chrysler 39 years later.

Back
Top Bottom