Happy Bonfire Night

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Remember, remember!
The fifth of November,
The Gunpowder treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the King and Parliament
All up alive.
Threescore barrels, laid below,
To prove old England's overthrow.
But, by God's providence, him they catch,
With a dark lantern, lighting a match!
A stick and a stake
For King James's sake!
If you won't give me one,
I'll take two,
The better for me,
And the worse for you.
A rope, a rope, to hang the Pope,
A penn'orth of cheese to choke him,
A pint of beer to wash it down,
And a jolly good fire to burn him.
Holloa, boys! holloa, boys! make the bells ring!
Holloa, boys! holloa boys! God save the King!
Hip, hip, hooor-r-r-ray!

Thanks, I had never heard that.

Nov 5 was my mother's birthday, and my dad and I used to always save one firecracker from Independence Day for her to light and toss. She would toss it into one particular part of the backyard garden, which we referred to as "the gunpowder plot." :LOL:

Many folks here know the first few lines. Lots of fireworks have been set off tonight, with professional displays over the weekend.

One of the largest free displays in the region was right by where our son works. He wasn’t on shift this year but had a great view of it last year.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats...ictures-stockton-fireworks-thousands-15369845

We walked down to our cricket club about a half mile away where they had a good display.

Many folks here know the first few lines. Lots of fireworks have been set off tonight, with professional displays over the weekend.

One of the largest free displays in the region was right by where our son works. He wasn’t on shift this year but had a great view of it last year.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats...ictures-stockton-fireworks-thousands-15369845

We walked down to our cricket club about a half mile away where they had a good display.

Nice display!

Back
Top Bottom