Happy Canada Day!

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
......to all the Canadians on the forum. Hey, Happy Canada Day to everybody!

+1

In honor of Canada Day, from my "Quote of the Day" calendar...

Custer South Dakota police blotter:

10:10 - Suspicious people were reportedly doing something with flashlights by the side of North 5th Street in Custer. A deputy checked and found the people were not suspicious, but merely Canadian.

The weather seems to be cooperating. Should be good for the fireworks tonight.

Special meaning for me, because I first met DW on Canada Day many years ago.

The memory still makes me smile. :)

Well it is still July 1 in Hawaii so happy Canada Day. I've actually been in Vancouver, and Montreal on Canada Day, it really is Canadian version of the 4th July, quieter and less showy :D

I had to share this fun buzzfeed of Americans trying to identify the Canadian provinces. I screwed up the Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, and then there was the province of Nunavat which I must confess I never heard of before. Didn't use to be all Northwest Territories? Hopefully there aren't an ER forum members from the place.

Well it is still July 1 in Hawaii so happy Canada Day. I've actually been in Vancouver, and Montreal on Canada Day, it really is Canadian version of the 4th July, quieter and less showy :D

I had to share this fun buzzfeed of Americans trying to identify the Canadian provinces. I screwed up the Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, and then there was the province of Nunavat which I must confess I never heard of before. Didn't use to be all Northwest Territories? Hopefully there aren't an ER forum members from the place.

Thanks clifp. I used to live in Manitoba and I am not offended by the fact that many Americans have never heard of it. Nunavut is actually not a province but a territory. It was carved out of the Northwest Territories in 1999. Territories have a more limited set of powers than provinces, and more direct involvement of the Feds.

BTW I'm not sure I would get 100% if I had to identify every US state on a map.

Last edited:
They had a math question on Jeapardy giving the total number of provinces, and states in Mexico and the US. They asked how many states in Mexico. Only one contestant got the answer right. (31) The wrong guesses were 35 and 38.

Nunavut is actually not a province but a territory. It was carved out of the Northwest Territories in 1999.

When clifp said Nunavut was a province I actually had to double check in wikipedia. I've been gone from canada a long time.

Happy Canada day - belated

I guess no one used Dominion Day anymore. Colonial?

One Canada Day that I spent at a campground in Nova Scotia was definitely not quiet! Kind of like Woodstock without the main stage. The Rangers closed up shop early and headed for the hills.

Back
Top Bottom