Join Early Retirement Today

Old 11-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWras View Post

But I gotta tell you, days like this make me want to just shove it.
I remember those days (3+ years ago now). The last few years before I retired I felt that way very often. However, once I set my retirement date and gave my ~3 month notice, that seemed to go away. Now it's just a distant memory.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBoy5 View Post
Oh how nice it is to be retired. It has been raining here for the last couple of days (almost 3" over the last 24 hours here at the house) and as you might guess, Atlanta traffic is an absolute mess today. Being retired and NOT having to be somewhere is such a great thing. Sure, it's too gloomy and wet to enjoy any hammock time today, but I can lounge around and not do a damn thing today. The view out back is still pretty nice...
When I was still working, every time I read a post like this, my heart was filled with excitement, and a bit of impatience. Now, that I've ER'd, I can relate, with great joy, to every word FlyBoy5 wrote in this post. Thank you FlyBoy5 for posting. This morning I lay on my sofa, with my old dog draped across my belly, and I was thinking of the John Lennon's quote something along the line of ...The time we enjoyed wasting was not wasted time.... How true. It was one of the BEST mornings of my life and nothing spectacular or unusual happened.

I simply had the time to walk around in pajamas, made and enjoyed my coffee, pet my dog and told him how handsome he is and that he's such a healthy boy for his age, and then I enjoyed lounging around on my sofa while reading quotes attributed to John Lennon. Another glorious morning in ER.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire2013 View Post
When I was still working, every time I read a post like this, my heart was filled with excitement, and a bit of impatience. Now, that I've ER'd, I can relate, with great joy, to every word FlyBoy5 wrote in this post. Thank you FlyBoy5 for posting. This morning I lay on my sofa, with my old dog draped across my belly, and I was thinking of the John Lennon's quote something along the line of ...The time we enjoyed wasting was not wasted time.... How true. It was one of the BEST mornings of my life and nothing spectacular or unusual happened.

I simply had the time to walk around in pajamas, made and enjoyed my coffee, pet my dog and told him how handsome he is and that he's such a healthy boy for his age, and then I enjoyed lounging around on my sofa while reading quotes attributed to John Lennon. Another glorious morning in ER.
My pleasure! Look at that...I DID accomplish something today. Never mind the fact that it's almost 5 PM and I am still wearing my pajamas!

And I don't think our old junkyard dog has been out of the bed YET today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10610783_10205224192025175_5720905004102237929_n.jpg (30.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
is it Monday already?
+1