Happy Mothers' Day

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I want to honor you on this day for your devotion, perseverance, love and sheer effort given over to having or adopting, and raising your child or children.

From what I have seen motherhood gets off to very fast start on the first days of pregnancy when you get a clear announcement that things have changed about who is in charge of your body and your life. That goes on pretty intensely for a few years, then there are a lot more years of skilled, worry inducing and physically and emotionally demanding work to go.

Even when the children are grown, it is like they have implanted a worry chip in your brain and heart that reminds you that your well being is out of your sole control.

I hope that your husbands or boyfriends are fully respectful and appreciative of what you give, and that your children of whatever ages are loving, affectionate and gratefully demonstrative every day, but especially on this special Sunday.

With gratitude for your role,

Ha

Thank you, Ha! That was a sweet tribute to mothers, and much appreciated. :flowers:

The other day, someone called me a mother and wished me luck. At least that's what I think they said; I don't hear so well anymore.

Ha, your message is beautiful.

Thank you very much. Those were kind words indeed. Your words never fail to impress me.

Well, I appreciate your acknowledgement of mothers, Ha! How sweet you are, Mister!

I want to honor you on this day for your devotion, perseverance, love and sheer effort given over to having or adopting, and raising your child or children.

Thanks, Haha.

I hope that your husbands or boyfriends are fully respectful and appreciative of what you give, and that your children of whatever ages are loving, affectionate and gratefully demonstrative every day, but especially on this special Sunday.

My kids all gave me cards and gifts. My daughter did a scrapbook page and wrote a poem for me. The most amazing card, however, was handmade by my teenage son.

We recently moved and my son just graduated high school and just turned 16 this week and is full of all sorts of transitions. He has spent most of the last 2 years being surly, argumentative and ungrateful. During the last year or so, it has seemed to abate a bit although there have been good moments and bad days.

So the other day I was doing some unpacking and showed him the first mother's day card I received when he was only a few days old. My husband had bought a first mother's day card and had the nurses put his footprint on the card and I've saved that card for the last 16 years. Anyway, he was very interested in the card when he saw it.

So...for mother's day he bought an ink pad and a fancy piece of paper and put a foot print on it and handwrote (he is dysgraphic so took great care and wrote it as legibly as I've ever seen him write):

Mom, even though my print is bigger and I am no longer a little baby, but have grown into an arguing teenager, who has been difficult and ill mannered at times, I want you to know that with all the changes and all the difficulties that you've helped me through you have gone above and beyond for me, and you will always be my mother, and I will love you always and forever. Your loving son

That truly brought tears to my eyes and was so unexpected.

All kidding aside, that was a wonderful sentiment Ha.

Back
Top Bottom