Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-26-2009, 04:02 PM   #21
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Hey, Khan is always flashing her bare chest!
Just deep cleavage.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
First you let them vote, then they start getting elected. It's a slippry slope.
Getting them elected was just a formality, I think they have always ruled the country, at least that is what my married friends say.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
You first

OK......now you.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Happy birthday girls! In honor of your b'day's and women's equality, I think the mod's should let all the women post pictures of their bare chest today.
Hey, I'm no chicken.

UU
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Happy birthday girls! In honor of your b'day's and women's equality, I think the mod's should let all the women post pictures of their bare chest today.
Here's mine....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b1653bcfd7232b38[1].jpg (7.7 KB, 119 views)
Old 08-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
First you let them vote, then they start getting elected. It's a slippry slope.
Next thing you know one will be President.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

You mean after all these years, I just found out I'm unequal ?

Oh, man, back to the drawing board...

Happy BDay Purron and Clifp!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

OK......now you.
Dang, I'm impressed! OK, here's mine. Now you all know that Khan is my long lost cousin:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chest.jpg (13.5 KB, 116 views)
Old 08-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Thanks for the thread Purron.

So strange to think that women were not allowed to vote, but the sons they gave birth to could.

We've come a long way baby....
Great. Now that you have suffrage and are happy about it, feel free to assume all of the duties that go with it but which men seem to inexplicably been stuck with, like mandatory "Selective" Service registration, staffing up the combat units of the military, etc.

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Ouch brewer.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Women equal to men? No way!

Sure, they can vote. I don't care. They can be presidents. I don't care. There have been female prime ministers in other countries. So it's no big deal.

But women are not men.

They are, well, er, ... cute, for lack of a better word.

I have always thought so since in first grade, and have not changed my mind since.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
Great. Now that you have suffrage and are happy about it, feel free to assume all of the duties that go with it but which men seem to inexplicably been stuck with, like mandatory "Selective" Service registration, staffing up the combat units of the military, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Women equal to men? No way!
Sure, they can vote. I don't care. They can be presidents. I don't care. There have been female prime ministers in other countries. So it's no big deal.
But women are not men.
They are, well, er, ... cute, for lack of a better word.
I have always thought so since in first grade, and have not changed my mind since.
All excellent points. Until society as a whole allows both genders to be on a level playing field, it will not happen. And maybe it shouldn't.
We could spend a lot of time arguing this, but I think my time would be better spent understanding that both sexes have a lot to contribute, together.
Can I carry a gun into battle and shoot people? No, I personally haven't the nerves for that.
Would I go alongside to carry the ammunition and water and watch your back? Yes, in a heartbeat.

And yes, I am cute.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Well well well Trebek
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #34
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
First you let them vote, then they start getting elected. It's a slippery slope.
"Them" being just about everyone...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
Recycles dryer sheets

Over the last 15 years, my local park district, funded with my tax dollars, has offered over 200 classes, activities, and events exclusively for women. They've offered 0 classes, activities, and events exclusively for men. I signed up for a women's-only backpacking trip but was refused participation solely because of my sex. They didn't refund my fee. That's how equality is defined today.

10 years to the week after the Supreme Court decided it was constitutional that women didn't have to register for the draft, they decided it was unconstitutional that the Citadel excluded women. Women have the same rights to a military education as men, but they don't have the same responsibilities for forced military service. Women have rights. Men have responsibilities. That's how equality is defined today.

Shane Seyer was raped by his female baby sitter when he was 12 years old (she was legally convicted of "contributing to the misconduct of a child"). After the baby sitter became pregnant, Shane was orded to pay child support to his rapist by the Kansas Supreme Court. I hope he had a good paper route. Boy gets raped. Rapist gets child support. That's how equality is defined today.

Men are the overwhelming victims of violent crime. In domestic relationships, hundreds of studies have found equal rates of partner abuse among men and women (typically, 25% of abuse is unilateraly committed by men, 25% of abuse is unilaterally committed by women, 50% of abuse is mutual between both partners). A common factoid is women are the victims of domestic violence every 15 seconds. However, the same study found that men are the victims of domestic violence every 14 seconds. So what do we do? We have a multi-billion dollar "violence against women" act. Women are more important than men. That's how equality is defined today.

On British and Qantas Airways, men are not allowed to sit next to unaccompanied children. It's because all men are pedophiles and child abusers (despite the fact that women commit the majority of child abuse and child homicide). That's how equality is defined today.

As for the 19th amendment, throughout much of American history, both men and women were not allowed to vote (e.g., depending on jurisdiction, voting was often confined to property owners).

Women should be allowed to go topless as soon as coed restrooms and locker rooms become mandatory. Either you accept differences between men and women or you don't. It can't go both ways.

Now, I have to get back to increasing the discriminatory pay disparity between men and women. I've been in my office since 7:00 am. It's now a little after 8:00 pm. I hope to go home before midnight. But it's unfair that I'm paid more than most women.

I knew I shouldn't have logged in today (but I just love you guys too much).
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #36
Give me a forum ...

From an author I once heard about:

"Whenever women have insisted on absolute equality with men, they have invariably wound up with the dirty end of the stick. What they are and what they can do makes them superior to men, and their proper tactic is to demand special privileges, all the traffic will bear. They should never settle merely for equality. For women, "equality" is a disaster."
Robert A. Heinlein
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #37
Give me a forum ...

Wow...here I was proud of the simple fact that women got the right to vote.

Well, guess what...I'm still proud.

btw...As for the military, I wasn't able to get in because of my vision. So, I do what I can now by being a volunteer cop....for the past nine years. Believe me, I don't get slack from anyone because I'm a female. Someone with purpose will be more than happy to put a bullet in my head.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

One thing for sure, I don't want co-ed washrooms after hearing what Fuego had to say about the washroom at work.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

There are likely as many women in the armed forces who want to go into combat as there are men who don't want to--easy enough to swap them out. And I do not understand why women don't have to register for the selective service.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #40
Give me a forum ...

All the years I lived in Austin, I'm pretty sure topless was legal for both sexes. Someone occasionally made a big deal about it. And some folks would go check out the views at Barton Springs pool.

Audrey
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote