Has Costco discontinued.........

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Today, I went to my nearby Costco to buy several items I usually get there.

One was their large 2+ pound block of mozzarella cheese. I enjoy making pizzas, and use a lot of mozzarella and other cheeses. They have not had the big block for several weeks and when I asked today, I was told it had probably been discontinued.

Next I went over to the aisle that contains the breads, jams, jellies and peanut butter. The Costco brand peanut butter is not there. Again I was told it had been discontinued.

I am wondering if others can find the Costco mozzarella and peanut butter in their stores and give me some hope?

It is a little disappointing when Costco discontinues things. We have been members for 20 years and every once in a while we find something that we really like, only to have it discontinued. Maybe our tastes don't match the general population.

We have been BJs members for 20+ years. During that time, we've often seen items we loved disappear. Finlandia Swiss Cheese, for one.

Sometimes they just can't get that item any more, or not at a discounted price. Best thing is to cram the freezer while you may :)

Triscuit crackers disappeared for months, only to reappear in a smaller, "redesigned" box.

The 3-pound bag of Ghirardelli chocolate chips comes and goes.

Meanwhile, trendy items (coconut this and that, Stevia powder) appear. Something has to go, to make space for those.

Etc.

So I had this happen in a Sam's Club. they had no 2 lb packs of any kind of sliced cheese.When I asked an associate how that was possible, she said oh, maybe it's discontinued or maybe we are just switching suppliers IDK.. the cheese did reappear.

The bad news with the peanut butter is that switching suppliers might change the taste or texture of the PB.

This has happened to us as well. It is frustrating. I did notice that it almost never seemed to happen when we used to have a Sam's club membership, although it has been awhile since we have.

Sorry I don't have the answer to your question though.

Good riddance to the awful Costco peanut butter!

Stuff comes and goes. Their "meh" pesto sauce has reappeared. Chocolate frozen yogurt is gone permanently from the snack bar. I don't buy anything at the snack bar any longer now that the frozen yogurt and cheap drinks have disappeared. I can't eat the greasy pizza and have no interest in the fancy sandwiches, drinks or Acai bowls.

If the rotisserie chickens disappear, all hell will break loose...

And I can't find the Kirkland blue cheese or Kirkland canned wild sockeye salmon. The pink salmon they have now is not the same. I know they rotate stuff in to try, but you would think mozzarella and blue cheese were staples. They have another blue cheese but it is not as good as the Kirkland brand.

Good riddance to the awful Costco peanut butter!

Stuff comes and goes. Their "meh" pesto sauce has reappeared. Chocolate frozen yogurt is gone permanently from the snack bar. I don't buy anything at the snack bar any longer now that the frozen yogurt and cheap drinks have disappeared. I can't eat the greasy pizza and have no interest in the fancy sandwiches, drinks or Acai bowls.

If the rotisserie chickens disappear, all hell will break loose...

But chuckanut liked that peanut butter..:flowers:

Chuck, you can go to the service desk (where you pick up gift cards, not the membership desk) in Costco and have them look up your items. They will tell you whether it has been discontinued or just back ordered. I did this recently to find my favorite coffee was discontinued, but a nearby Costco had a case of it. So I went and bought about a years worth.

That is my favorite peanut butter too.

That same PB is still available on costco's site (minus the RA).

OK, this is really weird! I looked it up on the Costco site earlier (before resorting to Amazon) and it said it couldn't be delivered to my ZIP code because it was out of stock, and there was no price given on the page. But now, it says $11.99 and it's available for delivery again. Perhaps it will be in Chuckanut's warehouse again soon.

Back
Top Bottom