Has the Lebron James frenzy taken over tv in other parts of the country?

thefed

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I cant watch anything here in Cleveland without seeing Lebron ads, commercials, teasers and stories. ESPN is now discussing Lebron and Lebron only for the last 2 hours.

Is it like this everywhere else...or am I in a bubble here in OH?

Many of you know I was/am an avid Cavs fan and really lived and died with that team 6-7 years ago. I've been bitter ever since, but I do commend him for the way he handled this. I think this is the only way he could have secured himself a lifelong legacy....he's going to be a Cleveland legend regardless...but if he wins the hardware in OH this has to be one of the best sports stories ever

Go CAVS :dance:

I cared enough to glance at the article in SI. It's big enough for a short piece on NBC evening news, but seeing grown men cry with happiness was a bit much for me. He's not going to win on his own though it would be a good story if he does.

Thank goodness for this news about ball players. It has added some interest and meaning to my pathetic, dull, worthless existence. Life is worth living again.

One of the downsides of 24 hour sports stations is the need find something to fill that 24 hours with. Prepare to see the coverage last throughout the weekend.

The move makes sense. He doesn't have anymore to prove in terms of being a champion. Bringing a championship to Cleveland will be worth multiple times more to his legacy than additional championships anywhere else; and even if he doesn't he will get credit for trying.

Hi thefed,

You know I'm just up the road from you in Cuyahoga Falls. Yes, the atmosphere is totally Lebroned for the past few days. I'm barely interested in sports (although I've been enjoying the Indians) so it all seems way out of perspective. But then, it's all good news and NE Ohio sure can use some good news.

I don't follow basketball but a few years ago I did ushering for Univ of Akron and some of that was for basketball games at the JAR (local name for James A Rhodes arena on U of A campus). The most exciting event for me that year was a Cleveland Cavaliers scrimmage game. It was right after Lebron had been on the summer Olympics team and Akron's mayor presented Lebron with the key to the city. His GF was there along with his Mom, who is almost as well known in these parts for her own escapades....

I was in the lower stands, just a few steps above the floor, so I had a great view and he was humble and grateful and really showed his love for his hometown. I didn't really know what a "scrimmage" was until I realized that there were Cavaliers playing on both sides, I recognized the really tall bald guy (Z) and the other one with the floppy hair.

Great game, plenty of points and lots if good showmanship and fun. Talking to folks in my section it sounded like the tickets were given to groups for sharing and appreciation. That's why it was in Akron.

The only coverage I saw in the San Antonio paper was in the comic section where a cartoon showed Lebron weighing his Cavs team members, trying to figure out if he could carry them to the playoffs... :)

EDIT: This did show up today... Spurs seek new HVAC manager for AT&T center

They better turn up the AC at CAVs arena or the king might cramp up:LOL:

It was the #1 lead story on Dianne Sawyer at 6:30 PM here in Boston and ran for about 5 minutes.

After that...let's see...they talked about the attackes in the Gaza Strip, the mess in Iraq, Bengazi...y'know, the less important stuff. So good that we have our priorities straight!

I cant watch anything here in Cleveland without seeing Lebron ads, commercials, teasers and stories. ESPN is now discussing Lebron and Lebron only for the last 2 hours.

Is it like this everywhere else...or am I in a bubble here in OH?

Many of you know I was/am an avid Cavs fan and really lived and died with that team 6-7 years ago. I've been bitter ever since, but I do commend him for the way he handled this. I think this is the only way he could have secured himself a lifelong legacy....he's going to be a Cleveland legend regardless...but if he wins the hardware in OH this has to be one of the best sports stories ever

Go CAVS :dance:

Without question...If he can deliver just one title to Cleveland he will join the other 2 all time great sports legends in Cleveland...
Jim Brown and Johnny Manziel. Seriously though what a class act. His biggest crime in life is going on tv to say he is going to play basketball in Miami 4 years ago. Came right out of high school as a celebrity and has been nothing but a role model for success. I wish him well. I also agree, Fed, that even if he doesn't win one, his legacy is secure if he stays put.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Le bron............ who:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Unless Lebron is personally mailing me a dividend from his earnings I couldn't care less.

Hope he can steer clear of Justin Beiber, unlike Manziel.

The Spurs won the NBA. Tim Duncan won another championship, his 5th. Why talk or care about Lebron?

He's just an entertainer keeping the brand alive. Part of the job of being an entertainer.

The Spurs won the NBA. Tim Duncan won another championship, his 5th. Why talk or care about Lebron?
And yet you and others who claim to be totally disinterested care enough to open the thread and post in it.

And yet you and others who claim to be totally disinterested care enough to open the thread and post in it.

One thing is for sure....interest in sports certainly isn't the thread that binds the forum members together to this site. Now me, if football and hockey season weren't fast approaching, I might do something crazy, like look for a PT job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my DW's sentiments.. and her feelings about basketball in general

Attachments

• 10505566_10152484831403956_8475921843392761048_n.jpg
    10505566_10152484831403956_8475921843392761048_n.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom