Join Early Retirement Today

Have a cat? You probably need this!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Have a cat? You probably need this!

I have no affiliation with this product.

Today my sister, who has the world's greatest cat just ask her (he is adorable really), sent me an email. She was telling me how much her cat loves this new toy. She included these 2 links. This looks like a great cat toy, her cat is absolutely ga ga crazy over it and based upon the videos he isn't unique in that respect. Even in the box the cat is going nuts over this!

https://www.nekoflies.com/watch-us-play-with-neko-flies

https://www.nekoflies.com/sophes-neko-flies-obsession

And if that isn't convincing enough here's the latest email about this that just came while writing this. I mean talk about an endorsement!

"Isn't it wild? He is NUTS over this thing! Obsessed! When I'm not here, I don't leave it out, since on the website it suggests not letting them have unsupervised access due to real possibility of cats tearing the critter apart. I can only imagine what Mr. Destructo would do. But when I'm here? He demands to play with it. The first night I stored it in the hall closet, so the following morning he sat outside that door and meowed and pawed to get it open. He never tires of it, and the purring could deafen you, I swear. This thing is so ingenious and engaging that I'm considering trying some other critters besides the dragonfly. For the exercise alone (even discounting the overall improvement in life) it's worth every penny I paid and more. He even is fascinated by the pole and latch. Sometimes when he's lying on top of the bug (traps it and won't let me pull it away), he sniffs and examines the rod end, even to the point of pawing at it, like he's trying to figure the design out. I swear if he were a human, I'd have a little engineer on my hands. Every cat should have a neko fly!!"

Too funny!
veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here is my cat's favorite toy. Well, besides the laser pointer. And any bugs or lizards dumb enough to enter my house.

Her favorite part seems to be ripping off the tabs one after another.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I added one of those Neko flies toys to my Amazon order. I think my cats will like it since they love chasing bugs.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

My 4 cats would play with that for a couple of hours then get bored. But they are getting old. Youngest is 8 and the oldest estimated to be 17.

What they really like is food, a warm fire, sunny windows and cuddling up next to you on the sofa. And the occasional cricket.

I just realized this sounds like an add from a dating service. Except for the part about the crickets.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purron View Post
My 4 cats would play with that for a couple of hours then get bored. But they are getting old. Youngest is 8 and the oldest estimated to be 17.

What they really like is food, a warm fire, sunny windows and cuddling up next to you on the sofa. And the occasional cricket. I just realized this sounds like an add from a dating service. Except for the part about the crickets.
But do they enjoy Barry White playing softly in the background?

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
But do they enjoy Barry White playing softly in the background?
They're not into Barry. Could be because they're spayed and neutered
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
Administrator

My cats' favorite toys all came out of the trash. They liked plastic bottle caps, balls of tin foil, strings of any sort and plastic drycleaning bags. They would climb right in and fetch out what they wanted. They quickly ignored every store-bought "toy" we ever brought home.