Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I never remember my dreams. I'm aware of them, and even make a mental note to remember particular ones, but when I wake up they are gone. So I can't really say if I've ever dreamed about any of y'all.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #42
Give me a forum ...

So, I'm going up the stairs with bbbami (she's leading me by the hand), and I hear this chewing noise behind me. I turn around and it's Freebird, and she says "What's up doc?" But then she turns into this huge kidney stone! I try to run, but the stairs are filled with hula hoops, and I can't get any traction.

Next, I'm running through a big tunnel with a lot of bunny rabbits and kittens, because I'm late for a class, and I forgot to do the homework all semester.

When I come out of the tunnel, I'm only in my underwear in front of all the forum members, but strangely, it doesn't bother me.

What do you think that means?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #43
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
When I come out of the tunnel, I'm only in my underwear in front of all the forum members, but strangely, it doesn't bother me.

Al, we've seen you in those tight bike shorts so seein' you in your undies wouldn't be a big shock
Old 09-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #44
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Your carry-on dream is very significant. My soothsayer says you are mentally preparing for a trip (retirement) and the carry-on luggage is the j*b, soon to be discarded.
And the flight is your planned move to Missouri, W2R.

Where was Frank?
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #45
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
So, I'm going up the stairs with bbbami (she's leading me by the hand), and I hear this chewing noise behind me. I turn around and it's Freebird, and she says "What's up doc?" But then she turns into this huge kidney stone! I try to run, but the stairs are filled with hula hoops, and I can't get any traction.

Next, I'm running through a big tunnel with a lot of bunny rabbits and kittens, because I'm late for a class, and I forgot to do the homework all semester.

I think you're making this up.
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #46
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Before my soothsayer interprets, a single question...were there hearts or DC comic book characters on the underwear ?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #47
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
I wouldn't repeat that within earshot of a narc...

Marijuana and dreaming or lack thereof

Well, since I have never partaken.... (is that a word)... I don't even have to lie like some and say 'I did not inhale'... I think I held a joint once... maybe twice, but that was just to pass it along to others...

Any other possibilities
Texas Proud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #48
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
And the flight is your planned move to Missouri, W2R.

Where was Frank?
He was traveling with me, and kept acting like losing the carry-on was not really a big deal but I thought that was a pretty novel attitude.

Given the dream interpretation, sounds like once again he was right.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #49
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
I think I held a joint once... maybe twice, but that was just to pass it along to others...
Hey have you guys (and gals) affiliated with law enforcement ever heard that one before?

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:25 PM   #50
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Last night in my dream, I discovered Khan was my next door neighbor.
Come on.........surely I have crossed your mind in one of your dreams.

Old 09-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #51
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Last night in my dream, I discovered Khan was my next door neighbor.
Was that good or bad?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #52
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
I have dreams of some of the folks here. I sometimes do lucid dreaming.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #53
Recycles dryer sheets

I've never had dreams of other forum members. At least not yet.

A little off the original topic.......do any of you have the same dream more than once? I've had a recurring dream over about a 15 year period. Sometimes I might have it more than once a week, other times I may not have it for several months. The setting is always the same.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #54
Give me a forum ...

Ok, the subliminal suggestion of dreams finally got to me. I remembered one last night...

I was on a cross country train trip (no destination I recall) with a few high school friends and we stopped for a break at this huge mall complex. We walked around and then had to get back to the train. I said go ahead, I'd be along in a moment. I turned back around and everyone had vanished.

So I got on this glass elevator with 2 unknown women, hit the wrong button and missed the train. I ended up on a bus going somewhere in the city (unknown) and got all frantic worrying about getting back to the train station. I woke up at 6 AM and felt so troubled about "being lost and alone" I just stayed up and made coffee and mentally settled my nerves. This dream really affected me.

No need to interpret, the upcoming anniversaries of tragic events have triggered dreams like this in the past and are doing so again. It's just been a long time since I had one. I'm OK.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #55
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundkey View Post
A little off the original topic.......do any of you have the same dream more than once? I've had a recurring dream over about a 15 year period. Sometimes I might have it more than once a week, other times I may not have it for several months. The setting is always the same.
I believe your mind is trying to tell you to write a book (novel?).
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #56
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
So I got on this glass elevator with 2 unknown women, hit the wrong button and missed the train. I ended up on a bus going somewhere in the city (unknown) and got all frantic worrying about getting back to the train station. I woke up at 6 AM and felt so troubled about "being lost and alone" I just stayed up and made coffee and mentally settled my nerves. This dream really affected me.
Reminds me of the old stand-up comic bit about the nightmare of swallowing a huge marshmellow an awakening to find his pillow missing.
RonBoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:10 PM   #57
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poundkey View Post
I've never had dreams of other forum members. At least not yet.

I have several recurring dreams .One is that it is Christmas Eve and I forgot to buy presents or get a tree or do anything and I run to the stores as they close.
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #58
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREdreamer View Post
I tend to create a mental picture of people on these boards based on their avatars and what I read about them.
Fire, you're right. I am a mix of the best of Brad Pitt and George Clooney -- if this were bizarro world.
BunsGettingFirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #59
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream View Post
"her" wait a minute, I thought Khan looked like Ricardo Mantalban. Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

So...............what were you wearing bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbam!?
In my dream? I'm not really sure...I don't remember looking down...
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream View Post
"

Does my avatar look like me?
If you're a smooth taste of spirits...I'd say yes...
Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM   #60
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Was that good or bad?
It was good. As a matter of fact I woke myself up laughing because I realized I had "known" you for a few years on the forum, but just discovered you were my neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
I have dreams of some of the folks here. I sometimes do lucid dreaming.
Ohhhh.....c'mon...don't hold back on us now!!!!