Join Early Retirement Today

Re: Have You Ever Revealed Too Much Skin In Public?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #21
Full time employment: Posting here.

So what kind of slacker new web admin do we have here, instead of dory, such that he still hasn't installed context-sensitive threaded MP3s playing in background? This thread would, of course, have REM's "Night Swimming..."

Next week --- Smell-o-blog ?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

i'm not even straight yet i can tell that those fake boobs look ridiculous. but i am gay so i can also tell you that dress is awful.

she didn't get in trouble for showing too much skin. she got in trouble because those shoes don't match that dress.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, I thought she looked pretty nice, but what do I know? How tame, meanwhile we have people wearing far less at our award shows without blinking an eye.

Skinny dipping, did it a couple times, but had no illusions that I was doing anyone any favors. :P
Old 02-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Streaked the Georgia Tech campus, 1974...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence
Skinny dipping, did it a couple times, but had no illusions that I was doing anyone any favors. :P
Ditto...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff
running around naked with cold water shrinkage would have been too much to bare.
donheff, you sure have a way with words! Cold water shrinkage isn't flattering for guys but it can sure help us ladies be more, ahem, firm and perky

I'm headed back to Hawaii in a couple months. I've heard that nudity there is being frowned on more these days. Too bad. Sure had some fun with near-naked frolicking in the ocean on past visits to remote beaches . . . .
Old 02-20-2007, 06:01 AM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakers
Pun intended?
Yes.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 AM   #27

Hot summer in Rome and I had a little cotton shift that I occasionally wore around the house. That day I'd decided to wear ONLY the shift, which came to about 6" above my knees. So I'm bending over to get something out of a lower cupboard, and I hear these guys' voices close by.." something something something POTATO.." Well, "potato" in Italian is one of the slang words for those special lady parts.. So I bolt upright and turn around to see that the apartment whose kitchen balcony was across from ours (previously uninhabited) had some workmen out there!! Man, I scurried out fast and didn't go back into the kitchen until it got dark!

I guess that wasn't really "in public".. but I did do the skinny dipping thing a couple of times: once at a wedding reception where there was a pool and the majority of guests had decided to go for it.. it was wierd watching the wallflowers; the other time up in the Vermont wilderness in a stream-fed wood-fired hot tub with a bunch of friends.. nothing erotic, very crunchy-granola.

Funny thing about Italian slang words for lady parts.. there are a LOT of them.. and they never are used to infer anything nasty. When I think of our cruelly- and crudely-used English terms, I cringe. For the Italians the lady parts are a delightful and positive thing. One of the reasons I like it here!

Roberto Benigni regales a popular TV presenter (Raffaella Carra') with a litany of euphemisms:

He gets into the list at about 2:30
You don't really need to understand Italian.. "E' una cosa poetica!" ("It's a poetic thing!")
This was pretty scandalous back in 1991. Only Benigni can get away with it!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #28

Thanks ladelfina that was a great story! Great memory for you and you must have made those workmens' day - probably couldn't get the thoughts of potatoes out of their mind the rest of the day.

I love that video of Benigni, I didn't know what he was saying exactly, but it didn't matter, love how he "talks" with his hands and body - he's like Harpo if Harpo had talked...

It's inspired me to start practicing my Italian slang for my trip to Roma next month, I can hardly wait to try some out as soon as I get there....