Having the pleasure of using Roto Rooter for the first time in 30 years.

Disappointed

Recycles dryer sheets
One of our toilets was not flushing properly. End up using Roto Rooter, roots in the sewer line.

What should I use to control the growth of the roots? Suggestions please.

MP

There is root killer available that you can pour in the toilet. Probably an ecological nightmare though...

I had two Bradford Pear trees giving me same problem, so I had them both removed. BP trees are the bad neighborhood of trees and just need to be gone anyway. :mad:

DW used to be a water and sewer inspector. Her first question is what is the line made of? She says to camera the line, and if the flow is still OK either get it rootered every couple of years or put a plastic liner in the pipe. If the flow is not OK, then do a spot repair and then put the plastic liner in. Also, based upon my conversations with her over the years, there are some fairly inexpensive rooter people out there if you look for them. And if you need a repair, don't hire a plumber, hire an excavator, who the plumber will hire anyway and then add some $$ on top. Regardless of any advice, get lots of bids.

Last edited:
Amazon. Roebic FRK Foaming Root Killer. Had many verified happy users.

Mom's house had root problem near the street. Always call City first.
They will snake from city street. Must have a "clean out". Free service in Sunnyvale,CA.

Funny. Roebic sold on Amazon different than Roebic sold at lowes and home depot.

Easy to use. Follow directions. One complaint was "lumpy" mix. Have to poor contents into "throw away" tupper ware. Use dowel and mix/pound/stir, the ingredients.

Then flush toilet and dump contents in.....If using a low flow toilet, flush 1 to 2 more times.

Used the product last year, based on Amazon verified purchases. Will see if it works...

Birds have probably built nests in our downspouts. We need something to clear them.

Back
Top Bottom