Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

hey guys...havin a blast so far! 2 days of gamblin and im up 100 still. not much sleep yet!

one thing i didnt expect, but really appreciate is the amount of scantily clad beautiful women, my wife ummm...eeerrr....she noticed it first ;-) . Its a sensory overload!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefed View Post
one thing i didnt expect, but really appreciate is the amount of scantily clad beautiful women, my wife ummm...eeerrr....she noticed it first ;-) . Its a sensory overload!
Really? Most of the women I've seen in Vegas are elderly, wearing sweatpants, chain smoking and working three different slots at once...

"Hey, for every ten dollars, that's another hour that I have to be in the work place. That's an hour of my life. And my life is a very finite thing. I have only 'x' number of hours left before I'm dead. So how do I want to use these hours of my life? Do I want to use them just spending it on more crap and more stuff, or do I want to start getting a handle on it and using my life more intelligently?" -- Joe Dominguez (1938 - 1997)

RIP to Reemy, my avatar dog (2003 - 9/16/2017)
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Really? Most of the women I've seen in Vegas are elderly, wearing sweatpants, chain smoking and working three different slots at once...
Get away from the $6.99 Buffet lines and the nickel slots. Vegas is definitely a girl watchers paradise and it isn't like I live in place low on beautiful scantily- clad woman.

For sensory overload, check out Caesers Pussycat Doll lounge, where the Pussycat dolls deal between shows.. Losing at blackjack was never such a pleasurable experience. I think it is generally a $25 minimum but you can always walk around the tables acting a like a high roller for free LOL. I spend a lot of time playing Poker at Caesers excellent poker room.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #24

oooh....i saw the pussaycat dolls last night. even better were the girls trying to one-up each other in the line to get into the pussycat club....oh my god! it was better than i could ever imagine. and i have a wild imagination. if i had to guess, seriously, i'd say i saw 50 "10's", 100 "9's" and 300+ "8's" in the last 3 days. and i dont give out "10's" easily.

heading to the main st. station as suggested...i'll keep ya updated...unfortunately, gambling went south today :-(
Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #25

Have a good time, but not too good! If you come back w/out any scratches, arrests and all members of your family, you're good...hehehe
Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 PM   #26

Well, we're back. my fiance and i got married....that was fun. (i always have referred to her as my wife since the dreadful marriage thread i started-i usually refer to her that way regardless).

I only lost 200 bucks after 30-40 hrs of blackjack and another 5-10 hrs of slots over 6 days. i think i slept only 25 hrs!! probably was drinking more than 25 hrs of my trip now that i think of it!

that place sure is intoxicating, and quite a relief for a casual blackjack enthusiast like myself-even on a bad day i can go find a scummy hotel with $3 blackjack and play o my hearts content without fear of losing more $$.

the restaurant in main st station was my favorite stop- had a 16oz prime rib for $12 that was to die for. ate lots of $1.99 cocktail shrimp specials at the golden gate, $7 prime rib specials for lunch, $4 steak n eggs daily for breakfast, $1 deep fried twinkies and oreos etc etc....and of course lots of free drinks

i rode the rides atop the stratosphere which suspend you over the edge, and took a plane trip to the grand canyon before being bussed around to different viewing spots....the GC was breathtaking!

all-in-all, i cant wait to go back!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #27
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Well, we're back. my fiance and i got married....that was fun. (i always have referred to her as my wife since the dreadful marriage thread i started-i usually refer to her that way regardless).

I only lost 200 bucks after 30-40 hrs of blackjack and another 5-10 hrs of slots over 6 days. i think i slept only 25 hrs!! probably was drinking more than 25 hrs of my trip now that i think of it!

that place sure is intoxicating, and quite a relief for a casual blackjack enthusiast like myself-even on a bad day i can go find a scummy hotel with $3 blackjack and play o my hearts content without fear of losing more $$.

the restaurant in main st station was my favorite stop- had a 16oz prime rib for $12 that was to die for. ate lots of $1.99 cocktail shrimp specials at the golden gate, $7 prime rib specials for lunch, $4 steak n eggs daily for breakfast, $1 deep fried twinkies and oreos etc etc....and of course lots of free drinks

i rode the rides atop the stratosphere which suspend you over the edge, and took a plane trip to the grand canyon before being bussed around to different viewing spots....the GC was breathtaking!

all-in-all, i cant wait to go back!
I am so there . . . some 1-2 NL Holdem, a bit of progressive betting blackjack . . . cheap flights, and even cheaper rooms. Its a great time to go to Vegas.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Not to mention hours girlwatching and keeping tabs on the Pussycat Dolls, fed!

CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding! No wonder you slept only 25 hours heehee.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post

CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding! No wonder you slept only 25 hours heehee.

oh yeah....we did a little bit of that too :-)
Old 01-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestwifeever View Post
Not to mention hours girlwatching and keeping tabs on the Pussycat Dolls, fed!
You must have married the perfect woman. She doesn't mind you ogling the Pussycat Dolls on your wedding and honeymoon trip?

You are my new hero........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #31
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
You must have married the perfect woman. She doesn't mind you ogling the Pussycat Dolls on your wedding and honeymoon trip?

You are my new hero........
A smart woman lets a man get all the eye candy he can, and then reaps the benefits.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #32

Quote:
oooh....i saw the pussaycat dolls last night. even better were the girls trying to one-up each other in the line to get into the pussycat club....oh my god! it was better than i could ever imagine. and i have a wild imagination. if i had to guess, seriously, i'd say i saw 50 "10's", 100 "9's" and 300+ "8's" in the last 3 days. and i dont give out "10's" easily.

heading to the main st. station as suggested...i'll keep ya updated...unfortunately, gambling went south today :-(
I had a 6-hr lay over in the Vegas airport. It was the most entertaining 6 hrs I have ever spent in an airport. I watched one guy try to get on a flight to LA without a ticket by yelling, "You know who am I? I make movies! I have an scene ready to shoot in 6 hours. They are waiting for me." A well-dressed, professional woman who was obviously drunk off her ass leave the slots to get hammered some more, came back, played the slots for another 30 minutes before realizing that she had come back with her drinks but not her roll-on suitcase. Of course, all these incidents were accompanied by jabbing commentaries from the two old ladies sitting next to me.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Congratulations on the wedding !
Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #34

Congrats on the wedding and it sounds like a good trip.

I spent the day in the Las Vegas airport Tuesday. My flight was cancelled and we were stuck in Las Vegas; it took a flight to Los Angeles and then another one to Sacramento to get out of there. We started in Ohio of all places.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
I really enjoyed the tour of Hoover Dam -- unbelievable that this is a man made wonder.
I now have a new excuse to go Vegas. Check out these spectacular shots of the new bridge now under construction at Hoover Dam:

Across the Great Divide - The New York Times > Magazine > Slide Show > Slide 1 of 10l

Old 06-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #36

Las Vegas

I've been to Las Vegas twice for conferences and enjoyed myself even though I don't gamble. It is a fun place to shop, dine and see some really good shows. About 3 or 4 max days is long enough for me.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #37

I wanted to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday but, damn economy, no one I know can afford to go. Looks like i'm going to go as far in the other direction as possible and go camping in the north woods of Wisconsin with my brother. I'll get to Vegas one day even if I have to go by myself.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:45 PM   #38
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc879 View Post
I wanted to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday but, damn economy, no one I know can afford to go. Looks like i'm going to go as far in the other direction as possible and go camping in the north woods of Wisconsin with my brother. I'll get to Vegas one day even if I have to go by myself.
I can afford to go...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #39

yeah, i had a blast...the city is addicting to me....i'll go with ya!