Heading for Vegas Friday!

Well, we're back. my fiance and i got married....that was fun. (i always have referred to her as my wife since the dreadful marriage thread i started-i usually refer to her that way regardless).

I only lost 200 bucks after 30-40 hrs of blackjack and another 5-10 hrs of slots over 6 days. i think i slept only 25 hrs!! probably was drinking more than 25 hrs of my trip now that i think of it!

that place sure is intoxicating, and quite a relief for a casual blackjack enthusiast like myself-even on a bad day i can go find a scummy hotel with $3 blackjack and play o my hearts content without fear of losing more $$.

the restaurant in main st station was my favorite stop- had a 16oz prime rib for $12 that was to die for. ate lots of $1.99 cocktail shrimp specials at the golden gate, $7 prime rib specials for lunch, $4 steak n eggs daily for breakfast, $1 deep fried twinkies and oreos etc etc....and of course lots of free drinks

i rode the rides atop the stratosphere which suspend you over the edge, and took a plane trip to the grand canyon before being bussed around to different viewing spots....the GC was breathtaking!

all-in-all, i cant wait to go back!

Well, we're back. my fiance and i got married....that was fun. (i always have referred to her as my wife since the dreadful marriage thread i started-i usually refer to her that way regardless).

I only lost 200 bucks after 30-40 hrs of blackjack and another 5-10 hrs of slots over 6 days. i think i slept only 25 hrs!! probably was drinking more than 25 hrs of my trip now that i think of it!

that place sure is intoxicating, and quite a relief for a casual blackjack enthusiast like myself-even on a bad day i can go find a scummy hotel with $3 blackjack and play o my hearts content without fear of losing more $$.

the restaurant in main st station was my favorite stop- had a 16oz prime rib for $12 that was to die for. ate lots of $1.99 cocktail shrimp specials at the golden gate, $7 prime rib specials for lunch, $4 steak n eggs daily for breakfast, $1 deep fried twinkies and oreos etc etc....and of course lots of free drinks

i rode the rides atop the stratosphere which suspend you over the edge, and took a plane trip to the grand canyon before being bussed around to different viewing spots....the GC was breathtaking!

all-in-all, i cant wait to go back!

I am so there . . . some 1-2 NL Holdem, a bit of progressive betting blackjack . . . cheap flights, and even cheaper rooms. Its a great time to go to Vegas.

Not to mention hours girlwatching and keeping tabs on the Pussycat Dolls, fed!

CONGRATULATIONS on the wedding! :smitten: No wonder you slept only 25 hours heehee.

Not to mention hours girlwatching and keeping tabs on the Pussycat Dolls, fed!

You must have married the perfect woman. She doesn't mind you ogling the Pussycat Dolls on your wedding and honeymoon trip?

You are my new hero........:D

oooh....i saw the pussaycat dolls last night. even better were the girls trying to one-up each other in the line to get into the pussycat club....oh my god! it was better than i could ever imagine. and i have a wild imagination. if i had to guess, seriously, i'd say i saw 50 "10's", 100 "9's" and 300+ "8's" in the last 3 days. and i dont give out "10's" easily.

heading to the main st. station as suggested...i'll keep ya updated...unfortunately, gambling went south today :-(

I had a 6-hr lay over in the Vegas airport. It was the most entertaining 6 hrs I have ever spent in an airport. I watched one guy try to get on a flight to LA without a ticket by yelling, "You know who am I? I make movies! I have an scene ready to shoot in 6 hours. They are waiting for me." A well-dressed, professional woman who was obviously drunk off her ass leave the slots to get hammered some more, came back, played the slots for another 30 minutes before realizing that she had come back with her drinks but not her roll-on suitcase. Of course, all these incidents were accompanied by jabbing commentaries from the two old ladies sitting next to me.

Congrats on the wedding and it sounds like a good trip.

I spent the day in the Las Vegas airport Tuesday. My flight was cancelled and we were stuck in Las Vegas; it took a flight to Los Angeles and then another one to Sacramento to get out of there. We started in Ohio of all places.

I really enjoyed the tour of Hoover Dam -- unbelievable that this is a man made wonder.

I now have a new excuse to go Vegas. Check out these spectacular shots of the new bridge now under construction at Hoover Dam:

Across the Great Divide - The New York Times > Magazine > Slide Show > Slide 1 of 10l

14lives_slide4.jpg

Las Vegas

I've been to Las Vegas twice for conferences and enjoyed myself even though I don't gamble. It is a fun place to shop, dine and see some really good shows. About 3 or 4 max days is long enough for me.

I wanted to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday but, damn economy, no one I know can afford to go. Looks like i'm going to go as far in the other direction as possible and go camping in the north woods of Wisconsin with my brother. I'll get to Vegas one day even if I have to go by myself.

I wanted to go to Vegas for my 30th birthday but, damn economy, no one I know can afford to go. Looks like i'm going to go as far in the other direction as possible and go camping in the north woods of Wisconsin with my brother. I'll get to Vegas one day even if I have to go by myself.

I can afford to go...........:LOL::LOL:

yeah, i had a blast...the city is addicting to me....i'll go with ya!

Back
Top Bottom