Hear me on the Radio

T

TromboneAl

My jazz group, The 24/7 Jazz Quartet will be playing live on a local radio station on Tuesday, Jan 31 from 7-9 PM Pacific time.  If you want to listen, you can hear it at KHUM.com.

No idea how it's going to turn out, but I thought I'd post this in case any of you would get a kick out of it.

Thanks for posting this Al. I just tried the station and 104.3 is in Spanish and I don't get 104.7 at all. I'll try at 7, maybe the signal will be stronger.

Darn - I'd love to check it out, but I'll be in a class from 7 to 9. :'(

Almost forgot about this...but I'm on EST so I'm nearly on time. I'm goofing with the settings, but I think the DJ said the guys are setting up and will play in 30 minutes (said 10 or so minutes ago).

I hear piano.  I hear bass.  I hear drums.   Where's the bone!?

Edit: OK, I hear a horn, but it doesn't sound like a trombone.

I got there just in time for a commercial from every merchant in Northern Cal followed by the engineer ducking out for a corona after he screwed up the announcers headphones.  I did catch the intros by AL and the first song before I had to depart.  Sounding good 24/7 8)

Hi guys,

Yeah, it was a funny experience. The engineer left, and the DJ didn't know much. As I'm playing, I'm watching him trying to get things working.

I was talking into the mike, but that mike wasn't on.

I have no idea how it sounded -- I think the balance wasn't good.

But it was fun. Thanks for listening!

Al,

The balance was lousy at first but got better as the DJ fiddled with things.

Even so, you guys sounded pretty darned good!

Thanks, REW!

Attachments

• RadioStation.jpg
    RadioStation.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom