Heat Wave Picnic Photos

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm in the mood to post some pictures.

For the first six years we lived in this house, the temperature never went over 60 degrees. Today it was 81 degrees. Weatherman said that in his 30 years of reporting, he's never seen anything like it. Had to take a picture of the thermometer.

HighTemperature.jpg

Inspired by CFB's description of the Costco chicken, I roasted a chicken with lots of spices on the skin, and lots of basting. We packed it up, along with some corn on the cob, home-made bread, and wine, and headed to the beach.

The waves were especially large and well organized. Click on this photo to get a better feeling for it.

HeatWavePicnic 002.jpg

HeatWavePicnic 023.jpg

HeatWavePicnic 003.jpg

HeatWavePicnic 004.jpg

Last edited:
HeatWavePicnic 005.jpg

HeatWavePicnic 008.jpg

The waves were reforming and breaking right on shore. It's very hard to get the power and size of these to show in a photo. Be sure to click on this one to see the full-sized image.

HeatWavePicnic 011.jpg

This dock appeared on the beach about a week ago. It's cement, but it must be hollow and float, 'cause that's the only way I can figure it could wash up on shore.

HeatWavePicnic 017.jpg

HeatWavePicnic 019.jpg

T-Al, it look's really nice. A warm day at the beach in far northern CA. We've had record highs in San Jose. I'd rather be where you're at!

Yep its hot. I pulled and replaced 22 windows this week. Over 100 the last 3 days. It was 78 at 6am yesterday. I wish I got to spend it on a beach with a chicken!

All you global warming naysayers? @#%#$ YOU! ;)

Good pictures T-Al. I can't believe you can go to the beach like that and have it all to yourself.
I can see how you enjoyed the day in seclusion with the good company, good food and of course,....... a bottle of wine.

Looks like you guys had the whole beach. Must have been nice.

Persistence. Most people dont go to the beach in Al's area. Basically you get cold, damp and possibly eaten by a shark the size of a small bus.

Generally not preferable results.

Careful, those white socks could make for some odd tan lines ;)

:2funny:

I'm wicked sunburned, both skin and brain. I think when this stuff is funny its time for bed... ;)

Great pics of picnic! That dock will float because its weight is less than what its volume of water weighs. Its probably hollow or has styrofoam in it.

Not sure great whites go for anything that small...

They're scared away by the big beach balls.

Reminds me of a great joke... don't know if I should post it though ;-)

Back
Top Bottom