Hello, I’m Heather. We can help you with your student loans.....

Floridatennisplayer

Recycles dryer sheets
Someday I’m going to hang on the line and ask them if they have a clue about their database. Try someone not in their 60’s!

60 and retired ??
what better time to expand your education ( but you might also be smart enough to source your education cost effectively .. so might not need that loan )

it should be almost as scary as that old joke ..... i am from the government and here to help ( i believe a Ronald Reagan quip )

Database? Are you kidding? They have a computer that just dials numbers, from xxx-0001 to xxx-9999, for each exchange (the xxx part) and area code. The only thing they keep track of is which numbers have a human answering.

What amazes me it that there are still suckers to be found out there. Have these people been living under a rock?

Perhaps I should refer Heather to the perky Mary Lee who calls me about my credit cards. I'm sure they would have lots to talk about over a glass of wine.

Perhaps I shouldn't risk jinxing myself by putting this in writing but I've never received a call about student loans. I do get calls about helping me with credit card debt (we have none) and getting pain medications (when needed I get them from a legit pharmacy, not some bimbo calling on the phone).

And while I do realize the telemarketers change their phone numbers we have found a call blocker helps immensely.

Perhaps I should refer Heather to the perky Mary Lee who calls me about my credit cards. I'm sure they would have lots to talk about over a glass of wine.
Send em to my buddy Bill from Medicare. He's in a call center with a bunch of other guys trying to get your Medicare info.

He's called several times and each time I've told him to do something more outrageous and physically impossible. [emoji23]

FYI, Heather is the younger sister of Rachael, from Card Services, and the second cousin of Jennifer of the Mortgage Modification Center. A great telemarketing family.

I now pay Verizon about $3 a mo for advanced caller ID on my cellphone line, and amazing how " ROBOCALLER" and "Suspected Spam" come in on caller ID. My spam caller volume has dropped a lot using this. I am generally a cheapskate , but willing to pay the fee.

Two new ones I've gotten a few of: (1) "Do not hang up. This is not a sales call..." and (2) "We've been trying to reach you about your..."

I never stay on the line long enough to hear the rest. If they really want to talk to me, they'll have a live person call, not a recording.

We do not answer unknown numbers. These robo bozos seldom leave a message...

Two new ones I've gotten a few of: (1) "Do not hang up. This is not a sales call..." and (2) "We've been trying to reach you about your..."

I've been getting those recordings on my cell number. About eight people in the world have been given that number so I've no doubt they're dialing in sequence. Also, 95% of the time it's turned off since I only turn it on when going out.

Someday I’m going to hang on the line and ask them if they have a clue about their database. Try someone not in their 60’s!

I understand your point.

And then there is this about the over sixty croud struggling with student loans:

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...uggling-to-pay-off-student-loans-report-finds

The number of people 60 and older with student loan debt has quadrupled in the past decade, and older Americans now represent the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. student loan market, . . .

Well I'm about to be arrested by the local authorities for some very serious allegations.

Well I'm about to be arrested by the local authorities for some very serious allegations.

Ha! Me too! A guy with a thick Indian accent tells me I owe the government $2400 if I don’t give them my credit card or gift cards that the cops are around the corner and they’re going to come and arrest me and confiscate all my possessions and take my home.

I said, “sir, I work for the IRS”. His response........FU, FU, FU

Sometimes, I go a few days without any junk calls on my cell phone. Then they come flocking in, 3 in 30 minutes back on Thursday. On the cell phone, if I don't recognize the number (and only about 20 people have my cell number), I lift the receiver a half inch and hang up. I don't want to burn any minutes on the pay-per-minute cell phone.

I guess student loans are viewed as a big opportunity by even legitimate banks and credit unions. Navy Federal keeps sending me promo emails about student loan refinancing.

Back
Top Bottom