Helmet cameras

nafddur1

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anyone have experience purchasing and using helmet mounted cameras? I'm looking at the Contour cameras to use for kart racing. I use a modular style helmet, however, and I'm not sure if there will be enough area on the side of the helmet for the camera mount.

I just bought a GoPro camera, but I got it for surfing and diving. The wide angle lens and HD format gives a really good picture , and it was under 200 bucks. They have helmet mounts also.

I just bought a GoPro camera, but I got it for surfing and diving. The wide angle lens and HD format gives a really good picture , and it was under 200 bucks. They have helmet mounts also.

Thanks, dude. I've been looking at the GoPros along with the Contours, and have read some very good consumer comments about those. Most of the helmet mounted GoPros I've seen, however, are mounted on the top of the helmets. I'm leaning towards the Contours which, because of their shape (narrow profile), fit nicely and are almost unnoticeable when mounted on the side of a helmet. Plus, I believe a top mount would be totally unfeasible with a modular style helmet.

But thanks for the recommendation. I've seen mixed reviews on the Contours.

Does anyone have experience purchasing and using helmet mounted cameras? I'm looking at the Contour cameras to use for kart racing. I use a modular style helmet, however, and I'm not sure if there will be enough area on the side of the helmet for the camera mount.

Shifter Kart? I have always wanted to get one of those 250cc superkarts. I had a Trakmagic kart several years ago and it was a blast.

Shifter Kart? I have always wanted to get one of those 250cc superkarts. I had a Trakmagic kart several years ago and it was a blast.

I'm only doing the arrive and drive racing. Not quite the `real' thing, but close. I grew up racing karts (did it for 11 years) in upstate NY back in the late 50's to late 60's. So I'm enjoying getting back to my roots (sort of) in my retirement.

There is a small amount of shifter and regular (Rotax) kart racing here in New England. But there just isn't enough, at least for me, to justify the effort and expense of owning my own kart. Maybe if (more like when) we relocate to another area once the spouse retires, that might change.

Back
Top Bottom