• The video played immediately in some other player

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • My browser asked if I wanted to open or save the video

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • I was unable to view the video

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Smoke came out of the keyboard

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The video downloaded, Quicktime came up, and the video played when I clicked "Play"

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm trying to debug some videos I'm putting on my jazz group's web site. Can you try out this link and let me know how it goes:

Video of Al's Group

The video file is about 7 megs in size, so if it doesn't play right away, it will take a while to download.

Thanks!

It downloaded by itself, then I got a Quicktime error message that the video was coded with an MPEG-4 profile that Quicktime doesn't support, then it played by itself in RealPlayer. Took about 2 minutes for all this to happen.

Asked me if I wanted to open it with Yahoo Music Jukebox or save it to disk.

I said open.

Downloaded for a few minutes.

Auto opened Music Jukebox

"Unable to play media (unresponsive)"

Tried again 'other options', found RealPlayer and it worked.

Al,

Is that you on the keyboard? - I was looking for the Trombone!

OK, thanks for the debugging. Looks like it's not ready for prime time (or Windows isn't ready for it).

Yes, that's me. I play mostly piano these days.

Al,

My Mac laptop opened it and played it just fine.

Grumpy

grumpy said:
Al,

My Mac laptop opened it and played it just fine.

Grumpy

Well, if you voted in the poll, you had the same experience everyone else had!

It started downloading automatically (I use Firefox). I opened it in VLC media player and it played just fine.

That is one talented group, TromboneAl. I really admire people who can play musical instruments.

Patrick said:
It downloaded by itself, then I got a Quicktime error message that the video was coded with an MPEG-4 profile that Quicktime doesn't support, then it played by itself in RealPlayer. Took about 2 minutes for all this to happen.

Similar experience... Downloaded faster, though. Video had some pixelation (is that a word?) in places, but otherwise clear.

Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox
- I chose "Play", but it did not automatically choose an application to run it. None of the choices offered looked like they were video players :(.

So, no luck here.

I downloaded it, then played it with Media Player Classic with
the KLite Mega Codec Pack 1.5.3. It worked fine. I highly
recommend this pack - it has played every clip I have ever
tried (wmv, rm, mpg, mp4, mov, avi).

It played immediately in quicktime - sound was good, but video broke up quite a bit throughout the clip. (windows xp; cable modem; ie6)

Using Firefox, I got the save or open with (Quicktime) message. Played fine in Quicktime.

On a MaxOS powerbook.

Clicked on the link in Safari.

It opened a browser page displaying alphanumeric gibberish - it looks like the whole 7.2MB .mp4 file was displayed in the window - so obviously it didn't download properly. Didn't play either.

Audrey

WinXP with both Quicktime & RealPlayer.

I added another option to the poll.

The video downloaded pretty quickly (DSL) and brought up a black Quicktime screen. (I guess MP4 defaults to QT.) It played just fine when I clicked "Play".

Firefox asked if I wanted to play with QT or save. It downloaded pretty fast but then QT did not open right away, as usually happens. The downloads window was still open, so after waiting twice as long as is normal (about ten seconds) I hit open on the download window. QT opened, and then opened the video twice in two seperate windows. Played fine, little pixiliation, but very good video.

Where's the rest, you guys sound good.

Thanks for the help guys. I found that the best way to handle video so that (almost) everyone can see it is to place it on YouTube with a link, like this:

Video on YouTube

Played great with Quicktime, but I didn't see a banjo player anywhere! Aren't you missing something? :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom