Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Some women still sit around and wait for men to call? .....or just the thought of it....

Gaaackkkkkk!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Some women still sit around and wait for men to call? .....or just the thought of it....

Gaaackkkkkk!

No....not so much. But, IMHO, it kinda sounded like Mr. Wildcat thought so and was disappointed when he realized that wasn't happening.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #23
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
I occasionally catch up with this GIRL(there) on weekends. We live in different cities about an hour apart. We have known each other for a couple years but I can't seem to figure out how to read some of her contradicting ways - hypocrite might be a tad too strong.

I think for the most part I do what I say or believe & tend to trust others that do the same. I will provide some examples of what this female has done and maybe it's just me but I see red flags. She has a) said she doesn't like going out to the "club" atmosphere but does b) said she prefers to stay home and just have people over or read or go to movies but goes out (funny b/c this weekend she said she was doing that & was no way going to dress up for the Halloween festivities but dressed up & went to a Halloween party instead) c) talked down about the behaviors of some of her partying friends but continues to hang out with them

Also a few weekends ago (I have been pretty busy with work), I was free and asked if she had any plans on Sunday. She said "I don't know" which sort of surprised me & said she told a guy she hasn't seen in a while that she would go to a museum with him over the weekend but didn't have a set date. Another example of where she said she if I can do something she would always put me first but kept her loosely scheduled date instead.

Anyone think I have reason to see red flags? Maybe at the very least she is pretending to be the person she thinks I would want to see? I'm not sure how to take it all as she plays herself up to be so innocent & just wants to please everyone but for all I know she is a pro at this game. You all are smarter than me.......
She's playin' ya, either up the ante or stop seeing her. Sounds like you haven't made any substantial effort in her direction, so have been relegated to "guy friend #1006"...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Some women still sit around and wait for men to call? .....or just the thought of it....Gaaackkkkkk!
Yeah, that's o 80's...now they wait for men to text message or tweet them............

Old 11-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #25
Give me a forum ...

Allow a female (age 52 and legally single) to chime in if that's OK....

Possibility 1: She hates sitting home alone. If you are not free on weekends and there is no exclusive commitment going on here, then she is free to do as she pleases.

Possibility 2: She will date you only if your wallet is along. Run like hell.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Yeah, that's o 80's...now they wait for men to text message or tweet them............

Ahhhh....man, thanks FinanceDude, I needed that laugh!
Old 11-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
She's a female. What else you need to know?
Hey I HEARD that
Old 11-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #28
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird5825 View Post
Hey I HEARD that
Let's face it, Dawg said what every man on here was thinking!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Let's face it, Dawg said what every man on here was thinking!
They are very brave when using the relative safety of the Internet

Your serve
Old 11-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Does anyone think there is enough information here to make any determination at all?

I certainly don't.

Ha
Old 11-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #31
Recycles dryer sheets

Sounds like she's not that much into you...but...you don't sound like you are that much into her. Some times the more you get to know someone, the less attractive they become. Sounds like you've already seen enough to have doubts about her, so maybe you should ask yourself why you are still seeing her. If you are just looking for a good time, no problem. If you are looking for a more serious relationship, you have to put in more than a couple of days per month. And, if you are ready to share more of your life with someone, does she possess the qualities that are important to you?
Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Does anyone think there is enough information here to make any determination at all?

I certainly don't.

Ha
+1

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote