Here is the exam you must pass to be a member of the Grammar Police

I am below average intelligence, not college material, yet I still got an A+.

Test is rigged, gave me an A+ too. I stink at grammar.

Me too.

But I don't think this was really grammar - more like spelling and word choosing.

Grammar is knowing punctuation. Knowing the various tenses of a verb. Knowing the difference between an adjective and adverb, and where they go in a sentence.

But perhaps I'm sensitive to grammar right now because I've spent the last 8 hours studying up the difference between indicative and conditional subjunctive phrases, progressive tenses, and gerund conjugations of italian verbs for my Italian final. I stink at grammar in my native language so it's even harder in a foreign language.

Io studio molto affinchè la pagella abbia una 'A'.

Hey, where's the question to test the distinction between it's and its?

Many posters here would fail that one. Been driving me nuts to see that mistake.

Hint: watch out where you use the one in red.

Its easy. And the test is it's own reward. Write? Stop ringing your hands over grammar and just let it bea.

The worst decisions are made when angry or impatient.

My favorite grammar mistakes are misplaced modifiers. Such as "Floating in my soup I saw a fly".

The worst decisions are made when angry or impatient.

Also A+ - Way too easy. It feels more and more like getting medals for participating or being alive or something... Everybody is way above average?

Last edited:
I think there just trying two hard to make me feel better about how good I do grammer.

Even I got A+ and my English grammar is horrible (I am not a native English speaker). The questions however were more to do with spelling/vocabulary than grammar.

Last edited:
Like everyone else... all correct...

Like everyone else, think it was too easy...

I think I am a bit better than avg on grammar, but really... (BTW, not a great speller, glad for spell check)....

Yup, it's just like Lake Boobsbegonne everybody is way beyond average!

A+

I took the test again. This time I intentionally missed most (but not all) questions to see what score it would give me. At 30% it told me I needed to try harder since the test isn't that hard.

Last edited:
Another 100%er A+ Genius here. As an engineer I can spell and use proper grammar. I guess that is kind of rare for the typical engineer. Funny thing though, in college I could never get above a C in any English course, even if I really did try. However, I discovered the pass/fail grading in freshman year and from then on all my general ed courses were study just enough to get a C. Save the real studying and grading for the courses that mattered.

Back
Top Bottom