Here is the exam you must pass to be a member of the Grammar Police

15 out of 15. Too easy. Couldn't believe it.

You've got more?

By the way, I am not a native English speaker.

Last edited:
Test is rigged, gave me an A+ too. I stink at grammar.

A+, though I had to stop and think on a few of them...

They left out one of my favorites - a 'mute point.'

That said, recently someone here corrected me on the difference between i.e. and e.g. - I had been using the former where I meant the latter for years. :blush:

Last edited:
Hey, where's the question to test the distinction between it's and its?

Many posters here would fail that one. Been driving me nuts to see that mistake.

Hint: watch out where you use the one in red.

Many posters here would fail that one. Been driving me nuts to see that mistake.

Couldn't you at least wait until the swearing in ceremony to start walking the beat?

Its not in it's proper place, is it?

Wait? I have made at least two posts on the use of it's where one should write its. Did not do any good! :banghead:

I know. From now on, in my posting, I shall always highlight the word its using the green color. Perhaps dyslexic people are not also color blind.

Call me the its police.

Last edited:

Many posters here would fail that one. Been driving me nuts to see that mistake..

"Loosing weight" does it for me.

I can't believe that only 1% can ace this test. I'm far from Grammer police material and easily aced it.

A+ here, too. So apparently a perfect score puts you in the top 1%, which is a bit surprising considering how easy the questions were. The only one I wasn't completely sure about was emigrant vs. immigrant.

I also got them alright. I could of done more but their were no more questions. Irregardless, it was fun. I rarely loose contests like this won. I can not resist participating in these tests.

"Loosing weight" does it for me.

I drove a mentor of mine nutty with misuse of the loose word. It was a comment in assembly code, ment to be helpful to anyone who came into the program. The guy cornered me to ask if I knew the right word, sure I did. I made some remark about in a helpful comment spelling doesn't count. You had to spell all the instructions and variables consistantly for the machine, people can adapt.

I also got them alright. I could of done more but their were no more questions. Irregardless, it was fun. I rarely loose contests like this won. I can not resist participating in these tests.

What he sayed!

I'm a genius two. Don't make no cents neither. I'm an engineer and everyone no's we all suck at British.

Well, at least I'm in the top 1% of something....

Wow! You performed at an absolute genius level on this test -- that is the highest possible score that anyone can achieve. You're in the top 1% ranking!

A+ here, too. So apparently a perfect score puts you in the top 1%, which is a bit surprising considering how easy the questions were. The only one I wasn't completely sure about was emigrant vs. immigrant.

Didn't seem a big challenge to me either. You emigrate from a place and immigrate to a place.

A little too easy. A+ as well but then, we are all special in this forum :D

Last edited:
If we are all genius, how come we are not rich? :confused:

Oh, I forgot that we are already in the top 1 or 2% in net worth. Isn't that the latest polls say?

And the men are tall and handsome, while the women are slim and sexy.

Back
Top Bottom