Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Ah Dawg...I mean Gene...er Keith......
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #22
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankster View Post
My real name is D. B. Cooper. I had a great FIRE thing going back in the 70s but spent most of it on fast cars and fast women. The rest I just wasted!
Come on back - we've been partying every Thangsgiving since you left - D.B. Cooper festival in Cougar, Washington.

Hey - if you are broke I'll spring for the Tee shirt and baseball hat with your name on it.

But the twenty grand they found in the sand on the banks of the Columbia is gone for good - Feds being the kill joys they are.

heh heh heh - ok ok so I couldn't resist - if this thread turns serious I will. .

BTW my memory ain't worth spit - party's in Ariel, they moved the day and the amount of money found was a lot less - dang Google.
unclemick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

what cantlogin so very well said.

um, dawg, that's just freaky.

in new jersey high school i had to learn the names of every plant that grew in town. our biology teacher took us into the field, pointed to a plant and we'd write down the name for our test. i got all the names 100% correct. a few months later i moved to st croix usvi and all the plants changed.

when i first planted the gardens around my house i knew the names of every plant. i catalogued them. i was planning to label everything for tours which friends (& even passer-by's) request. but ya know, an oak tree doesn't know it is an oak. a fox tail palm does know it is not a bismarkia. a dog doesn't know it is not a elephant. just names, just labels placed upon them by people.

now i am terrible with names, not even so good with faces. if i'm not sexually attracted, i won't know you 10 minutes after we've been introduced. but engage me in conversation, one on one, for a decent amount of time and i likely will forget your name but i will know you 20 years down the line.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg52 View Post
Ok, if you must know. My last name is Richards. But you can call me Keith.
You're still alive

Target AA: 50% equity funds / 45% bonds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 1.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute fuzzy bunny View Post
I had my name legally changed to Cute Fuzzy Bunny so I can force my team to put it on my jersey.
So to reconcile this official name of Cute Fuzzy Bunny along with your new-ish signature line, would it be...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny Poopyhead, or
Cute Poopyhead, or
Fuzzy Poopyhead, or
Poopyhead Bunny, or

.. should we just call you Poopyhead?

Inquiring minds...

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

If Dawg is Keith and UncleMick is Mick, I must be (C)harley Watts. Please allow me to introduce myself...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #27
Gone but not forgotten

All right I'll fess up I'm a retired RN but I also played an RN in a movie . Maybe you remember me ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (2.9 KB, 182 views)
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
All right I'll fess up I'm a retired RN but I also played an RN in a movie . Maybe you remember me ?
Garp?

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #29
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Hotlips!!!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #30
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Big Nurse Ratched?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #31
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Quote:
Mildred, is that you?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #32
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
If Dawg is Keith and UncleMick is Mick, I must be (C)harley Watts. Please allow me to introduce myself...
Yup, Unclemick is Mick. Feel free to use this as your avatar Unclemick.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_in_Tampa View Post
should we just call you Poopyhead?
I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to ask about that!

My son, via the enabler my father has learned about the wonderful world of calling people names. Of course anything with the word 'poop' in it is quite hysterical. He's come to the conclusion that adding 'head' or 'face' to any funny word is ten times funnier.

So the other day he ran up to me and with a big grin concocted the best funny name he could think of and yelled "POOPYHEAD!"

I'm so proud. I need to move and not tell my dad where we went.

In other news, I'm pretty sure that Keith Richards has been dead for at least 15 years. I think they keep him on ice and on occasion for performances they defrost him, pump him full of some noxious liquid and then apply 20,000 volts to him until he twitches around on the stage via nominal voltage supplied by his guitar.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #34
Recycles dryer sheets

Awright, most of the games (nfl) are over for the day. It was a rhetorical question. After a couple of years of corresponding with comic strip characters, I thought I would do a reality check.
windsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #35

just to note the redundancy, kahn's already running a concurrent Who am I? thread.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 09-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #36
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
just to note the redundancy, kahn's already running a concurrent Who am I? thread.
Maybe it was the subliminal response to that. I look at the list a lot but not so much that I have a handle on every thread. Sorry.
windsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #37
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
Hotlips!!!!
Is that you Frank??
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurf View Post
Maybe it was the subliminal response to that. I look at the list a lot but not so much that I have a handle on every thread. Sorry.
relax, i was just kidding, even if this isn't as good as anonymous sex. afterall, what does it matter if you know their name if they do not even know who they are? ok, now i'm getting silly. time to put the white russians away. can ya tell when i've had one too many?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #39
Give me a forum ...

Isn't this why the ignore option was added?
I have 6 people on mine right now.

I can't believe I'm up to 2,258 posts - I'm sure most of them were devoid of great insights.
Like this one.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #40

My real name is Goonie, because I'm a goon....always have been....always will be.....and I'm darn proud of that!
Besides, I don't think the Mods would have let use my other name...."A**hole".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want2retire View Post
Frank belongs to a forum in which real names and contact information is readily available.
I belong to one forum that requires first and last name as the log-in username. It's a very small SIG forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantlogin View Post
If someone has one leg and three eyes in real life......
Dang! I thought I got all of those pictures removed from the internet.....but alas....I've been found out.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote