Holiday weekend is over

How do you feel about the end of the weekend?

• A pit in my stomach is the least of my problems

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yeah a pit in my stomach describes it

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • It's all right but I would rather sleep in another day

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • After 3 days home I can't wait to get back

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

firewhen

Recycles dryer sheets
I made 4 choices in the poll for those of us who will get up and put our noses to the grindstone tomorrow.

I would say I am the third, which is not too bad. I actually spoke to someone who described the last answer to me. Not a candidate for ER in my book, but I do not get the sense they are FI anyway.

Anyone else bumming?

I'm already looking towards next weekend. I'll just put my head down and steam through these next four days!

Then it will be June and I'll be that much closer to ER day.

(I checked the first option you listed)

When I was working I always had a sick feeling the day before going back to work.

Add one more feeling to the poll.

I don't care that the long weekend is over, I'm retired.:D

...Add one more feeling to the poll.
I don't care that the long weekend is over, I'm retired.:D

Yeah, me too sorta. 'Taint no different than any other day - worked on and showed an apartment yesterday, worked on it again a bit today - pffft - it's all unearned income.
;)

I'm returning from a 4 week vacation. So I feel a little bit of dread. Not exactly a pit but close enough so that is how I voted.

My kids will be out of school for the summer. I am hoping to get the summer off (with pay of course). :rolleyes: I told my kids that it's nice to be a school teacher since you could have the summer off. They said that it's not what it seems. Teachers want to work in the summer because of low pay or income. I told them do not believe everything that you hear and so some research on this topic before accepting it. I also told them that I have great respect for teachers.

I'm already looking towards next weekend. I'll just put my head down and steam through these next four days!

Then it will be June and I'll be that much closer to ER day.

(I checked the first option you listed)

It'll be June 1 and I'll be officially gone/ER/RE/whatever.

I worked today as did DW. I got a lot done since the only person bothering me was some wayward VP who didn't have access to a system and none of his staff were in.

I tried to not check work email (only did it twice) and only did an hour of work tonight and 20 minutes or so this morning. That was quite the day off for me.

I tried to make a decision to not go so overboard at work. I simply can't get everything done in 50 hours per week. They will not get anyone to help me and they won't give part of my duties to someone else, despite the constant promises that they would.

I am going to have to start threatening to leave my job if they try to add anything else on to what I do.

I'm also going to take Friday off, which will probably upset some people. Too bad. I've had it. (Though I've made very good progress, I am nowhere near FIRE).

Gee- I guess I'm the oddball... I actually look forward to working today.

See, I had a near career ending injury 2.5 years ago. And during the 2 months I was unable to work, I realized just how much I loved my job as a dentist. Sure, there are aspects of the job I don't enjoy, but by and large, I enjoy being able to help people everyday. I look forward to interacting with them and taking care of their needs. I guess it helps that I'm my own boss and I can choose how hard I want to work.

None of the above. Work is fun enough I don't dread it. Life's activities keep me busy, so when one "weekend" is over, there is another one with fun stuff planned to look forward to. I'm not dead, just employed at this time in my life.

It is funny that you asked this question. When I woke up this morning I thought about what I would be doing today if I was still working. First would have been a very early conference call w/ the other RMs and the NSM. Then a conference call w/ my reports -- then a flight out around 1:00pm to somewhere in my region ..... the thought of that reality gave me a pit in my stomach! Then I relaxed and made coffee......then the pit returned ---I have a dentist appointment this morning:p

I was somewhere between 1 and 2 I guess. I did not want to go back, but after being away three full days I feel de-stressed and able to work productively. I know I will melt down again, probably before the end of today, when the realization that I can't possibly keep up/catch up comes back to me. Then I will have that pit of the stomach feeling.

I asked SO if the three days gave him a little taste of what ER would be like, and his reply was, not really because he was stressed about work the whole three days. He's not as good at letting go as I am, unfortunately. That's why he gets to ER first. In about 16 weeks, we think.

I am glad the holiday weekend is over. We went for a nice walk this morning on one of the city trails--hardly anyone around. Went to Menards for hardware and the line was short.

Took the day off today to delay the dreaded feeling. I didn't even check my work emails while I may regret it tomorrow I had an enjoyable 4 day weekend and wasn't about to spoil it earlier than I have to.

Back
Top Bottom