Home Heating Costs

maddythebeagle

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hard to think about this when just getting over 100 degree temps...Anybody been pricing fuel yet? I got a mailer for lp pre-buy today....1.49/gallon and have to prebuy by August 31. It was 1.09/gallon last year....

We do have some heating costs in Phoenix . . . just not enough to actually bother to think about them. :) :D :D

Nat gas was, what, $0.14 at it's peak last fall, but back to $0.06 or so now. Of course, my summer gas bill, for hot water only, has been running about $16.

HFWR said:
Nat gas was, what, $0.14 at it's peak last fall, but back to $0.06 or so now. Of course, my summer gas bill, for hot water only, has been running about $16.

Futures prices for nat gas this winter (Dec through Mar) are around $11 per MMBTU. That's before any more hot weather, hurricanes, etc.

BIL was getting pricing last week $2.68 to lock in at one place, $2.39 at another but you had to buy X amount of gallons.

HFWR said:

Wrong units...  :uglystupid:

Looking at my recent gas and electric bills, I see that gas is $9.39/MCF. I used 0.6MCF last month. Electric is $0.148/KWH; used 1879 last month.

Highest gas bill this year was $96 in Jan.

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
and just to think I didnt want to pile on with the pony tail insults. ;)
Laurence said:
Yeah, what is this heating thing you speak of?  :LOL:
I've held back and held back and held back and... I just couldn't take it any more...

You guys! You know...its when it drops down into the 70's or maybe...bbbbrrrrrrrr...the 60's and you turn on that old rusty seldom used thing called a 'furnace' and it makes the house a little warmer? And the utility company charges you an extra ten dollars that month?

Thats it! Heating costs!

Back
Top Bottom