Hotel Tonight

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Save a feature on the morning news today about a company called "Hotel Tonight". Mainly, it is an app for those who book last minute. Unlike airlines when booking late usually costs more, booking late according to "Hotel Tonight" saves money as hotels get desperate to have rooms filled.

Was wondering if anyone has experience with "Hotel Tonight" and how well it compares to Hotels.com on price.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/hotel-tonight-ceo-on-last-minute-lodging/

It works great. It's a wonderful app. We have been using it for a long time and have never had any problems with it.

It's a lot of hype. It's not cheap. If you book ahead you get cheaper rate. I tried out Las Vegas for example.

It works great. It's a wonderful app. We have been using it for a long time and have never had any problems with it.

It's a lot of hype. It's not cheap. If you book ahead you get cheaper rate. I tried out Las Vegas for example.

Funny. Two very different opinions back to back :LOL:.

Funny. Two very different opinions back to back :LOL:.
It's not different, we were talking about different thing. I meant the price. It depends on the dates but sometimes I spend about $50/ night at MGM grand, plus resorts fee. I just tried this new App, it's Bellagio for $189 today. On booking.com, it's $189. No gain over booking the last minute.

Last edited:
Doing some more poking around as in reading up, think I'll pass on Hotel Tonight.

Main reason is their website is pretty much useless and just promotes the smart phone app. For those old timers like me, I'll stick to planning ahead at a place like hotels.com.

Here is good review on Hotel Tonight though:

People who search for last-minute hotel deals often consider the HotelTonight app to be one of the quickest options for finding those deals. This app is certainly a good option for last-minute booking, according to HotelTonight reviews.

However, the company has experienced many ups and downs throughout its six-year history, leaving plenty of room for improvement.
HotelTonight Reviews & App | What You Should Know about HotelTonight’s Last-Minute Deals – AdvisoryHQ

Just tried it in Panama after my flight was cancelled. No better than Kayak.

Just be careful with last minute booking via any website/app if you are in a time zone other than eastern time because after mighnight eastern time, the same day rooms reserved will be reserved for the following day. Consequently, you may not get a room at the hotel upon arrival.

We operate a hotel and have been noticing this a lot past couple of years. We have had guests arrive at the hotel late in the night (between midnight and 4am) on a sold out night expecting to check into a room but their room is reserved for the following night. The guests were not happy when advised of this. The website they booked the room at reserved it for the following night.

Happy Travels!

Used to have it on my phone. Deleted it. Never found any serious savings when I looked (admittedly more than a year ago now) and I'm cautious by nature and like to have a room booked in advance whenever possible.

It's not different, we were talking about different thing. I meant the price. It depends on the dates but sometimes I spend about $50/ night at MGM grand, plus resorts fee. I just tried this new App, it's Bellagio for $189 today. On booking.com, it's $189. No gain over booking the last minute.

It's Spring break, Saturday and Final Four weekend, not really a good test for Las Vegas..

Back
Top Bottom