How did Google know about CC payment due?

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I'm scratching my head on this one. All our financial transactions are handled through our banks and financial emails come to my computer in Outlook. Then today I get a notification on my Google Nexus 6P phone that our Bank of America payment is due in 1 day.

How did they know that? Does BOA have a tie in with them?

It turns out that the payment was made a week ago though a Chase bill pay but the BOA online site still shows a payment of zero due on Jan 12.

I really like gmail but this should have nothing to do with gmail. The way gmail combines hotel and airline confirmations into an upcoming trip summary in the Trips folder is great. But the app must be reading my email to do that. I'm most worried about privacy when it comes to business institutions.

Do you have a BOA app on the phone? I have an iPhone with a BOA app on it and the BOA app used to send notifications to the phone (I turned them off)

Yes, thanks. It did come from my BOA app.
The cyber universe has been restored for me now.

Do you have a BOA app on the phone? I have an iPhone with a BOA app on it and the BOA app used to send notifications to the phone (I turned them off)
I'll leave the BOA notifications on for now but I have turned off several other app's notifications.

For those interested, I found out how to look at old notifications on my Android phone that I have dismissed. This technique also gives one more information on the notification source. See: https://www.labnol.org/software/android-notifications-history/28350/

Back
Top Bottom