Votes: 22 14.5%
  • Military

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Civilian Federal or State employee

Votes: 34 22.4%

• Total voters

nun

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What type of organization did you work for?

Technically, I've done all four. However, the majority of my life's income has been divided between military & federal civilian service. I'd say about 25% military, 75% civilian federal.

There are other options, e.g. public sector employee, heiress (!), lottery winner... :cool:

And although I voted Self Employed, I have been all three!

Mostly (and currently) government. I have worked at the federal, state, and city levels over the years, but also put in a significant amount of time in the private sector. I also spent a couple of years as a reference librarian at a large public university.

Head of a Major Religion, Professional Athlete, and Star of Stage and Screen are among the many missing options in this poll.

Head of a Major Religion, Professional Athlete, and Star of Stage and Screen are among the many missing options in this poll.

Unfortunately RE does not seem to be an option for the Pope!

Unfortunately RE does not seem to be an option for the Pope!

True! Or any Catholic priest! Their "early" retirement is allowed at 70 - but retirement for priests becomes mandatory at 75. Retired priests are allowed to continue living at the rectory, but the local church probably expects them to assist with Masses. In the next nine years, 50% of the current RC priests will be retiring due to age!* Of course there are exceptions for failing health - they do let you out to pasture then...

*I have been tasked with recruiting Navy chaplains - this new knowledge has been fascinating learning!

Self employed 20+ years
Consultant 7+ years
Job w megacorp 1 year (They were in negotiation to sell the company when I was hired)
Working for small business 7 years

Mostly Federal career, did work in industry a few years, DW worked for local (not state) school districts as a teacher, also in local parochial school. Currently also teaches part time at local private college.

What? No category for "illicit earnings"? :LOL: >:D

You need a choice for "Drank and chased women, won lottery"

How about "livin' off the fat o' the land"? That's been my strategy so far.

How did or do you earn your money?
What type of organization did you work for?

Adult film star. Perhaps you have seen some of my films. Some of the more critically aclaimed films are "Girls Gone Vile" and "Behind the Screen Door"

- Good hours. Good Pay. Good benefits. retire young !

Oh Baby !

How about a job wearing thigh high stockings and giving enemas to bad boys ? Okay how about the real version of me wearing scrubs and hoping that they had already done their cleansing !:)

How about a job wearing thigh high stockings and giving enemas to bad boys ? Okay how about the real version of me wearing scrubs and hoping that they had already done their cleansing !:)

Truly hysterical. Still, if you ever fall on hard times, you know you have the skills to be a dominatrix.

The bulk of my lifetime earnings has been from private sector employers. At the moment, my [-]insane asylum[/-] employer is generally described as "quasi-public." When I finally get to ER, oh, the stories I could tell you (and any interested senators).

In the next nine years, 50% of the current RC priests will be retiring due to age!*

Will be interesting to see the "Africanization" of the US Priesthood. Africa seems to be the one place where the Catholic Church has the best chance of significantly increasing the number of Priests serving Catholics worlwide.

Gamboling through various enterprises, public private an' military.

I retired from my job as a therapist in a community center in 2000. With two real estate properties in California, we thought we were set.

A friend of mine had a business for sale in 2006 - an herb farm! I always loved that world, so we purchased the business (not the land). - no, not a pot farm:LOL:

We have since incorporated, and, for some reason the business has been booming! Quite frankly, this enterprise really helped during the past two years or so during the stock market crash. It is like growing a garden (no pun intended), and watching things progress. I never thought I would like to have my own business, but this experience has been really fun. And, I spend about 20 hours per week in the herb room. I still have plenty of time for other forms of fun.

Now my daughter wants to help - she loves the "herby" world as well, and it will turn out to be a perfect business to pass on.

Worked in the private sector for a few months after high school until an opportunity to get a job with the state came up. Started in the mail room and took classes to become an registered engineer after transferring to the Department of Transportation. Worked my way up to project manager, before I left. Probably could have been promoted higher, but was a bit of a rogue and pissed off a few of the wrong people and made a decision not to apply for anymore promotions with about 3 or 4 years left due to some anxiety issues.

No I live on the pension. It's decent, but I'm not rich and I'm happy as heck!:D

Back
Top Bottom