Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I'm told at age 4 I rode a tricycle down a flight of stairs onto a concert slab.I doubt it affects me much. :confused:
There was a gate, unlocked. Probably a lesson in how to approach this problem.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #22
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by meierlde View Post
I once stuck a plug 1/2 into a socket and tried to cut them off with a metal scissors. Blew a fuse.
Stuck my finger in a light socket once. Still remember very well that pulsing sensation as my body tried to absorb that juice...

Materials in red oak under $1k, no more than two days work for a good finish carpenter, maybe only one day if they've got their act together. Couple of days for staining/finishing and good to go. Excellent idea for your own personal safety as well as house guests, youngins' included. Eventually will become a glaring necessity for selling home, as other have noted - so why not just do it now and benefit from the added safety factor?
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Reminds me of a whole series of one-liner jokes called; "That'll learn 'em" Where the redneck dad has a kid that keeps hurting himself.

For example, a TV on a TV tray. The kid starts crawling over to the TV, tugs on the cord and the TV falls on the kid. "That'll learn 'em", the dad says.....

There are a bunch of these. Let the kid climb the stairs and if he takes a header, well.....
skipro33 is offline   Reply With Quote