Join Early Retirement Today

Re: How do I paste a photo?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Ronin, Judy and Pete want to know if Lucy can come over and play.

TH, Ted can come too.

What is this with all the human names for dogs? What happened to Rover, King, Prince, Princess, Spike?

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2005, 02:06 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Not mine...been bouncing 'round the 'net for a while.

Quote:
BigMoneyJim-Your baby is precious also. Your picture has been posted for awhile, but I neglected to tell you earlier!!
Thanks! He's my nephew, but I'm still nuts over him.

EDIT Sept 30 2005: Updated image link for new server

Old 03-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #23

Is that an avacato?

JG
Old 03-20-2005, 10:37 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Ronin, Judy and Pete want to know if Lucy can come over and play.

TH, Ted can come too.

What is this with all the human names for dogs? What happened to Rover, King, Prince, Princess, Spike?

What about Jasmine aka Jazz aka a half dozen other names, all of which she'll answer to...

I like the people names, besides they're our babies too! Before Gabe was born, my dad used to answer the "got any grandkids" questions with "Yes, a boy and a girl...Ted and Jasmine". And then thoroughly enjoy his little joke.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:04 AM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Here is my baby. She's a Greek fishing dog.

LovesLife
Old 03-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Hmm...I remember some animal planet show about a dog bred for ocean swimming that goes out on the small fishing boats with the fishermen...

Was just "fishing" some photos and came up with this one. Whenever we 'pause' a movie on our home theater PC, it starts flipping through our photo album. We laugh our butts off whenever this one comes up.

We call it "silence of the lamb"

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:02 PM   #27

Something about this image I'm trying to make keeps crashing my photo editor before I can save it, so you'll have to imagine with me: I grabbed TH's baby's picture and a picture of an appliance dolly. I skillfully copied just the baby and bedding from the photo, rotated it so he's vertical, pasted him on the appliance dolly and clone-tooled the bedding and green "strap" so that he appeared to be strapped to the dolly in his bedding.

Something about that dolly makes my program crash whenever I try to save.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:49 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

So we can start a playgroup with Lucy, Karly, Ted, Jasimine, Judy and Pete. Judy and Pete can run with the big dogs any time. Charlie and Loveslife's babies can come too.

TH, is Gabe eating mashed fava beans yet?

Old 03-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #29
Give me a forum ...

Uh oh, are we building on SG's assessment that I would raise perfect little serial killers again?

We're going to hold off on solid foods as long as possible. I understand that they can start eating them as early as 4 months, but everything I've read says that nothing is as good for them as formula and breast milk, so introducing solid foods earlier is just replacing ideal foods with inferior ones.

I figure when he starts grabbing for my food he can have some. Already got a couple of baby food recipe books and am looking forward to making his food. At first glance, no fava bean recipes.

Can Jake play as well? Jakes our "outside dog". He was a stray in my wifes old neighborhood and we started feeding him and getting him reaquainted with people. We dont know if he was abandoned or "got lost", but he was very leery of people. Took me 2 years before I could touch him. When we got married and moved in together we had to keep going back over there every day to feed him. One day he was at the back of my truck near the open liftgate "saying goodbye" to our other two dogs and I scooped him up into the back and shut the door. He's been living more or less peacefully in our back yard here since. And he's put on about 50lbs.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:53 PM   #30
Recycles dryer sheets

TH,

He looks like a sweetie-pie.

LovesLife
*we are all animal lovers on this board
Old 03-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #31

All of these dogs are nice, but the cutest picture has got to be Gabe. At last the picture is big enough so that these old eyes can see him. I can see why your wife wants to show all of the pictures!

We had a small dog for 17 yrs and I swore that I would not have any more animals after Susie died. Somehow, and I still can't believe this, we have 5 cats! Our cats do not want any of your dogs coming over to play!

Dreamer
Old 03-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #32
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Here's my pet about 2 years ago... he's much larger now.

[img]mail.thealterego.com/igg.jpg[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #33
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Our cats do not want any of your dogs coming over to play!
We have 3 cats. They were grown up when we got the dogs, so the dogs grew up with adult cats. The felines are not completely pleased with the dog intrusion that started 5 years ago. The dogs love the cats though. In fact, as you saw from the other photo I posted somewhere else, my male cat and Ted are all but best friends. As soon as my male cat comes in, Ted rushes over to sniff him all over, perhaps its some sort of cat-scan...? The male cat seems quite pleased to be examined and eventually gives Ted a few licks on the nose and they go about their respective dog and cat businesses.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

TH, awesome of you to adopt Jake there! Too many dogs aren't that lucky!

BTW, the silence of the lamb, mashed fava bean lines has my (reading over my shoulder) wife cracking up! She had to see what this message board that has sucked me in was all about. She says she's glad SWR's and portfolio allocations are exciting to me, since they rate right up there with lettuce on the old excitement scale for her.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:14 PM   #35
Give me a forum ...

I find some lettuces more interesting than SWR's, and people absorbed by SWR's are less interesting than broccolli, which I'm convinced will be labeled "the silent killer" by a research group sometime in the next 10 years.

These latent arguments had little to do with SWR's, methodologies, retirements or much of anything else. So much wasted energy, so little to gain.

Jake was worth it. Just to go out every morning, kneel down and call him and have his big fat self come loping out of the Worlds Largest Dog House to visit with me, ears in the forward and playful position...well worth the effort.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:22 AM   #36

Don't get my brother-in-law started on the topic of lettuce....

GD-ER, so that is yet another photo of an animal with food on its head then?

Marshac, nice shot...who's his agent?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:54 AM   #37
Full time employment: Posting here.

Send a message via ICQ to Marshac Send a message via AIM to Marshac Send a message via Yahoo to Marshac

Quote:
Marshac, nice shot...who's his agent?
I guess that would be me. I tried to get him a role on the first Terminator movie, but the role of "Pugsley" was already taken

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10978.asp

Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #38

Quote:
Here's my pet about 2 years ago... he's much larger now.

[img]mail.thealterego.com/igg.jpg[/img]
Marshac,

Nice Lizard Dude!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:54 AM   #39

TH,
your Jake looks like our boy who was also rescued.
--JB

Old 03-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

JohnBlake and TH, your rescue dogs might look somewhat similar because I understand mixed breed dogs after a number of generations tend to start to look much like the primitive or pariah dogs of some countries. Your dogs are far from there yet, but they both look a lot like the mutts (is there a PC term?) people I knew used to have out in the country.