How do I paste a photo?

Hmm...I remember some animal planet show about a dog bred for ocean swimming that goes out on the small fishing boats with the fishermen...

Was just "fishing" some photos and came up with this one. Whenever we 'pause' a movie on our home theater PC, it starts flipping through our photo album. We laugh our butts off whenever this one comes up.

We call it "silence of the lamb" ;)

img_296612_0_0f11a47f679a96e7278dd86e8bd0c346.jpg

Something about this image I'm trying to make keeps crashing my photo editor before I can save it, so you'll have to imagine with me: I grabbed TH's baby's picture and a picture of an appliance dolly. I skillfully copied just the baby and bedding from the photo, rotated it so he's vertical, pasted him on the appliance dolly and clone-tooled the bedding and green "strap" so that he appeared to be strapped to the dolly in his bedding.

Something about that dolly makes my program crash whenever I try to save. :(

So we can start a playgroup with Lucy, Karly, Ted, Jasimine, Judy and Pete. Judy and Pete can run with the big dogs any time. Charlie and Loveslife's babies can come too.

TH, is Gabe eating mashed fava beans yet?

Uh oh, are we building on SG's assessment that I would raise perfect little serial killers again? ;)

We're going to hold off on solid foods as long as possible. I understand that they can start eating them as early as 4 months, but everything I've read says that nothing is as good for them as formula and breast milk, so introducing solid foods earlier is just replacing ideal foods with inferior ones.

I figure when he starts grabbing for my food he can have some. Already got a couple of baby food recipe books and am looking forward to making his food. At first glance, no fava bean recipes.

Can Jake play as well? Jakes our "outside dog". He was a stray in my wifes old neighborhood and we started feeding him and getting him reaquainted with people. We dont know if he was abandoned or "got lost", but he was very leery of people. Took me 2 years before I could touch him. When we got married and moved in together we had to keep going back over there every day to feed him. One day he was at the back of my truck near the open liftgate "saying goodbye" to our other two dogs and I scooped him up into the back and shut the door. He's been living more or less peacefully in our back yard here since. And he's put on about 50lbs.

img_296759_0_ecbcacf5b9306aa041fcdb9ea0de0a77.jpg

TH,

He looks like a sweetie-pie.

LovesLife
*we are all animal lovers on this board :)

All of these dogs are nice, but the cutest picture has got to be Gabe. At last the picture is big enough so that these old eyes can see him. I can see why your wife wants to show all of the pictures!

We had a small dog for 17 yrs and I swore that I would not have any more animals after Susie died. Somehow, and I still can't believe this, we have 5 cats! Our cats do not want any of your dogs coming over to play!

Dreamer

Here's my pet about 2 years ago... he's much larger now.

igg.jpg

Our cats do not want any of your dogs coming over to play!

We have 3 cats. They were grown up when we got the dogs, so the dogs grew up with adult cats. The felines are not completely pleased with the dog intrusion that started 5 years ago. The dogs love the cats though. In fact, as you saw from the other photo I posted somewhere else, my male cat and Ted are all but best friends. As soon as my male cat comes in, Ted rushes over to sniff him all over, perhaps its some sort of cat-scan...? The male cat seems quite pleased to be examined and eventually gives Ted a few licks on the nose and they go about their respective dog and cat businesses.

TH, awesome of you to adopt Jake there! Too many dogs aren't that lucky!

BTW, the silence of the lamb, mashed fava bean lines has my (reading over my shoulder) wife cracking up! She had to see what this message board that has sucked me in was all about. She says she's glad SWR's and portfolio allocations are exciting to me, since they rate right up there with lettuce on the old excitement scale for her. :)

I find some lettuces more interesting than SWR's, and people absorbed by SWR's are less interesting than broccolli, which I'm convinced will be labeled "the silent killer" by a research group sometime in the next 10 years.

These latent arguments had little to do with SWR's, methodologies, retirements or much of anything else. So much wasted energy, so little to gain.

Jake was worth it. Just to go out every morning, kneel down and call him and have his big fat self come loping out of the Worlds Largest Dog House to visit with me, ears in the forward and playful position...well worth the effort.

Don't get my brother-in-law started on the topic of lettuce....

GD-ER, so that is yet another photo of an animal with food on its head then?

Marshac, nice shot...who's his agent?

JohnBlake and TH, your rescue dogs might look somewhat similar because I understand mixed breed dogs after a number of generations tend to start to look much like the primitive or pariah dogs of some countries. Your dogs are far from there yet, but they both look a lot like the mutts (is there a PC term?) people I knew used to have out in the country.

I also understand that over time we start to resemble our pets, and vice versa.

Marshac, you have a little problem ;)

C-T...you might want to ease up on that "nice lizard" thing lest we get drawn into another round of disgusting banter... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom