Join Early Retirement Today

Re: How healthy is your lifestyle?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:37 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESRBob
Yoga, man. It'll have you sleeping like a baby again. Cut that. It will have you sleeping through the night in no time. May help take off a pound or two, too.
Make ya laugh. My wife on her way out to work said "I'd suggest yoga, but you'd take about 2 minutes of it, get bored and be off taking something apart."

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2005, 08:48 PM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by th
We've tried the 'family bed' thing.* With three dogs, three cats, and three people even a king size bed gets a little crowded.* In particular, the space near the top of the bed between us (where the little baby bed thingy goes) is highly prized by four of the six animals (two having given up completely).

He's got his own nursery, which is a 10x11 sitting room right off our master.* That works because I'm a horrible insomniac and have to watch tv for hours sometimes to get back to sleep.* Baby quacks, i'm up for 2 hours.* TV on, baby wakes up.* Vicious cycle.

He's done better since I've been giving him baby tylenol before bed, so that probably confirms the teething.* But man is it early (4 months old).* And i hate giving him anything, even something this mild.

Problem should be mostly solved when momma starts working day shift instead of 6pm to 6am.* Then at least I'll have a little help and wont have to keep him out of the house during the day while she sleeps.

Man are you guys some toothpicks.* I'd have to cut off a couple of limbs to get down to ~175.* Last time I checked I was in the 240 range.
Oddly, I had you pictured as a little bitty guy.

JG

Old 06-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #63
Give me a forum ...

I have a little bitty guy, but I just put him to bed.

I've always pictured you as a guy I used to know that seems a lot like you. Looks like snidely whiplash with a perm and the ends snipped off the handlebar mustache.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:30 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Oddly, I had you pictured as a little bitty guy.JG
Quote:
I've always pictured you as a guy I used to know that seems a lot like you.* Looks like snidely whiplash with a perm and the ends snipped off the handlebar mustache.
You guys make the web pulsate with love.

H
Old 06-08-2005, 02:06 AM   #65

Quote:
Oddly, I had you pictured as a little bitty guy.
Quote:
I've always pictured you as a guy I used to know that seems a lot like you. Looks like snidely whiplash with a perm and the ends snipped off the handlebar mustache.
I've always done my best to avoid picturing both of you.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by th
Man are you guys some toothpicks. I'd have to cut off a couple of limbs to get down to ~175. Last time I checked I was in the 240 range.
Hey th, be careful. You want to be around and healthy for your grand children.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #67

I'm on my way to have an angiogram to check on the coiling job they did on my brain anuerysm three years ago. If it looks good I won't have to have another for five years.

I hate to say it but it beats a day at the office ...

-helen
Old 06-08-2005, 11:24 AM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Oh Helen, I think I would rather go to work. Especially since I am sitting here goofing off right now.

Good luck on the procedure.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaHa
You guys make the web pulsate with love.
Anytime I hear the words 'pulsate' and 'love' in close proximity to each other, my little bitty guy gets happy

Yes John, I'm roughly the size of your average linebacker. Well, a somewhat pudgy linebacker.

I could lose ~20lbs. Put the baby in my baby backpack and took a 5 mile walk with him last night. He's a lot better than those little ankle weights for giving you a little bit of a workout.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Oh Helen, I think I would rather go to work.* * Especially since I am sitting here goofing off right now.

Good luck on the procedure.
Thanks, Martha ! I enjoy your posts !!!!

Well, it's not a bad procedure. They gave me a valium type drug via IV and a heated blanket. It's kind of like crawling back into the womb :

I was hoping I could put this behind me for a while, but it looks like the aneurysm isn't completely sealed. It's slowly growing at the base. So, I have to go back for another angiogram in 3 years.

The good news is that they now have brain stents, so he can stent it then pack more coiling in. The coiling procedure is pretty close to a painless procedure, not much different than the brain angiogram. And, I don't have to take any medication and it is totally symptomless.

Todays findings are not the worse news I could have had. He said there is very little risk of a burst at this point. We just need to keep an eye on it and do another coiling procedure when the time comes.

You'd think with all the metal in my head I could get better reception on the cell phone !!!

-helen
Old 06-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Helen, thanks for posting on your experience today. I hope you continue to heal uneventfully.

Mike
Old 08-29-2005, 05:23 PM   #72

So, I'm grinding some french roast beans and about ready to have my health tonic...that's right I just read that I'm doing something really good for my health...

Coffee is number one source of antioxidants

http://www.physorg.com/news6067.html