Votes: 40 24.7%

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 9 5.6%

• Total voters

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Please take the poll, even if you don't want to post.:flowers:

The current cost to raise a child to age 18 is $245,000.

Not sure what the question is. How many children do we have? Should we have? Plan to have? Think about having? Could have had?

What does the current cost to raise a child have to do with how many children we are aware of having?

I answered zero, although I have 2 grown step-children. I didn't raise them.

I had originally wanted four children. When the 2nd was born I still thought I'd have more.

When the baby got to the age where it was time to go for #3 I just felt done, I was so happy with the two we had and wasn't craving more. I just felt like our family was complete.

As our two sons grew up I was sure we made the right decision, but then I wonder what it might have been like to have a girl, too. Money wise I don't think a third or fourth child would have made that much of a difference and each one is certainly well worth any cost. Of course, college costs would have doubled!

I hope someday to have a daughter-in-law or two. Grandbabies would be fantastic.

Last edited:
I have zero(I think). At age 35 I could still have kids but don't plan to.

I didn't raise them.
Good point. DW and the kids have on occasion said the same about me. :facepalm:

So, this the key to this thread "how many" or "raised". I'm still not sure how to respond.

Two kids. Eleven years in between :cool:
Both grown and on their own now. We got our first grandchild this year.

Three. We always thought we'd have four. After number three, DW never got the maternal "feeling" after delivering one of her patients, so we stopped.

2 boys, 5 GC: 3 with handles

Price to raise a child? Dollars do not count. There are hundreds of sacrifices that can't be measured in dollars. Sleepless nights. Driving to their events. Paying for their mistakes. Helping them cope. It is a lifestyle choice that could never be explained to someone who want to know the cost.

One...a 31-year-old bachelor so no grandkids. I keep telling him my engagement ring is his whenever he wants it but he pretends he doesn't hear me. I figure he can always have the stone reset and save a bundle.

Zero human children. Plenty of green ones. :D

I find ways to do nice things for OPK (other people's kids) here and here. My recent stuffed toy giveaway to my older VFW friends ("for the grandkids" :LOL:) was a lot of fun to do.

Back
Top Bottom