Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• More than 17

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
Did somebody say something? :D

Seriously, no one is on my ignore list. I don't read most threads though.

I had 1 on the list but reversed it off a few months back. I'm pretty easy, if I don't care for what is being stated I'll skip on through.

2cor521,
this was a very brave poll on your part. If no one had responded, that would have told you a lot. :LOL:

I don't ignore anyone.....officially that is. ;)

Zero

I was on a forum that was related to a business I run and at least one of the people on there would make borderline death threats and some of the others were some really really awful people.

So after being through that everyone on here is nice!

Jim

five including the unduly rude, the personal attacker, the full of crap and two because i just didn't feel the love.

I never did any software mediated ignoring until recently.

But trying to read a few posters was damaging my ability to use the English language. I am kind of a mimic, and I tend to just unconsciously pick up things from people. To avoid learning to sound a way that I did not want to sound, I would go through their posts like a high school English teacher, translating what I thought they were saying back into English.

Finally it dawned on me that the ignore feature is for designed for this.

Ha

Zero....at this point in time. ;)

I don't read some threads because they don't interest me. And I don't read threads started by a couple of posters because, like the OP stated: they're "....repeatedly starting new threads that are quoted/linked news articles along with complaints about how awful something is, or writing something that I believe to be so remarkably stupid or inaccurate." If I see a thread posted by them, I just skip it.

And I normally just skip "The Soap Box" and "Stock Picking" all together.......because I can. :D

zero.

i consider each post as either entertainment and/or education. You can read it or ignore it, it's totally up to you.

But if you have them on "ignore", how do you know they are gone? :2funny:

Because even though the poster is on "ignore" you still see the poster's name in the thread followed by the message:

This message is hidden because "poster's name" is on your ignore list.

Because even though the poster is on "ignore" you still see the poster's name in the thread followed by the message:

This message is hidden because "poster's name" is on your ignore list.
Oh!! I didn't realize that, and thought the message just wouldn't be there.

That would drive me buggy. I would just be SO curious to know what they said, that I doubt I could stand it! :p

five including the unduly rude, the personal attacker, the full of crap and two because i just didn't feel the love.

:D

At first I thought those were user names (UnrulyRude, Personalattacker, and Fullofcrap--and maybe Dontfeelthelove, too)....

I don't have anyone set to ignore, but like Wanttoretire, I thought you wouldn't even know if your ignorees posted. That would be so intriguing to me that "ignore" feature for me would turn into "wait til you read what that jerk said now"....

:D

At first I thought those were user names (UnrulyRude, Personalattacker, and Fullofcrap--and maybe Dontfeelthelove, too)....

:D I dont have anybody on my list and scroll through what I think is fluff (and that is just a couple of posters)...most folks I find generally interesting:) The few folks that were truly troubled have ended up being banned anyway...

zero,
b/c IRL in my job I encounter all kinds of people. And if I can learn about more kinds, and variants of interactions, it's all useful info to me. Even the craziest, wackiest, nuttiest, rudest. :D

Maybe I need a new screenname like "makemillionsforyou" or something like that..............:)

I don't have anyone set to ignore, but like Wanttoretire, I thought you wouldn't even know if your ignorees posted. That would be so intriguing to me that "ignore" feature for me would turn into "wait til you read what that jerk said now"....

With my first few "ignorees" I was curious for a while and would end up clicking on the provided link to see what they had to say. This just confirmed for me that what they were writing was drivel (IMHO) and I was just raising my blood pressure unnecessarily. Since then I have trusted my judgment in this regard, and once someone goes on the list I rarely read what they have to say.

Also, I don't think it's been explained yet, but you still see new threads started by posters on your ignore list. The way the board software works it's also easier to read a single post from an ignored poster and/or remove them from your ignore list than it is to add them in the first place.

ETA: Interestingly, none of the people currently on my ignore list have posted on this thread (yet).

2Cor521

Zero.

I feel that perusing this forum is like being on a bus...some folks' conversations/comments are so very interesting and I want to know more and even chime in...others are less so and I tune them out after listening for a bit...and a few cause me to want to change seats.

I have only one 'ignore': a person who was unable to engage in civil discussion and a few months back used profanity against me (post was quickly removed by Martha, and rightly so).

Too bad, because that person is apparently intelligent and many of his posts (when I could read them) were valuable. But I'm not into hostility and profanity. :(

I've been generally resistant to the "ignore" list (like lots of people posting here) because I don't mind reading all points of view, but I recently resorted to attempting to ignore 1 or 2 who seemed to stoop to personal trashing without justification or explication.

I have zero on my ignore list but I don't read everything although I voted that way.

Like everyone, I have favorite posters to whom I pay special attention, and I read their posts slowly, more carefully, and in a loving, lingering manner. :smitten:
(I spend a lot of time reading my own posts. :D Maybe I should put myself on my ignore list to save time on this board?)

With other posters, I just skim unless I find their specific post interesting or helpful.

Back
Top Bottom