How many people on this site do you know?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I love this site and am curious. How many members of this site have you met in person and/or know as a friend or acquaintance outside this forum? Maybe through discussions with a like-minded co-worker, you got someone to join. From reading the posts, it seems like some of you know each other very well. As for me, I'd say I have never met anybody on this site in person, but who knows, my next door neighbor may also me a member. You never know, do you?

I have met two members, though I wouldn't necessarily say I "know" them. But I've been on the site for seven years, so many are "familiar"...

Zero.

Which is good because I'm actually a bot.

I've been fortunate enough to meet 6 people in person.

Zero. Although way back met one - they have since moved ex pat and don't seem to post anymore.

heh heh heh - :cool:

I haven't been here all that long, but not new either. After a while you get to know how people roll, and you know who's posts you're likely to appreciate. Personalities come out fast!

Last edited:
I have been lucky enough to break bread with 3 of the forum members.

There are thousands of members on this forum and I've personally met only six. But after hanging around here for more than ten years I do feel like I know many of the long-term members, at least virtually...

No one. No way would I hang out with the kind of people that post here.

Oh wait, that includes ME! :blush:

I have met exactly one member in person, but I feel as if I know many of you.

One I know in person from before I started posting here.

I've meet four and would be open to meeting more.

Last edited:
Zero. Not that I am against meeting people IRL, but I never had the chance.

I love this site and am curious. How many members of this site have you met in person and/or know as a friend or acquaintance outside this forum?

There are thousands of members on this forum and I've personally met only six. But after hanging around here for more than ten years I do feel like I know many of the long-term members, at least virtually...
I have met exactly one member in person, but I feel as if I know many of you.
I've meet four and would be open to meeting more.
I've been fortunate enough to meet 6 people in person.
Well, there's four for a start.

I've met at least two dozen. Over the years I've attended several meetups in NYC, San Antonio, and Houston that also included Leslie, SC, FIREUp2020, Brewer12345, Leonidas, TexasProud, LOL!, 2B, 2Soon2Tell, Arif, and others whose names I'd have to remember from the photos on the old threads.

I've met several here in Hawaii like Adam (forgot his poster name), Laurence, JJac & DangerMouse.

I've surfed here in Hawaii with TromboneAl, JDarnell, Deserat, Sailor, and probably a few others whose names don't come to mind right now.

My apologies if I've overlooked anyone. Please refresh my memory.

I met TheFinanceBuff earlier this month at FINCON12 in Denver. I even saw H0cu$, although we avoided each other.

I may have met one anonymous local person from this site who read a thread about a non-profit. I don't know who they are, but I'd enjoy getting together one day over a cup of coffee to swap gossip from both sides of the topic.

I always enjoy meeting people whose posts I've been reading. Apparently we never ever resemble the mental images formed from our writing. Or our avatars.

None but there are several I like based upon their postings and would like to met. I'm hermit but many here have the same "people wear me out" feeling as I have so I may well be with those like me and they wouldn't wear me out.... maybe. :blush:

Once I'm retired, I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few of ya'll...maybe there'll be another get-together at some point...

I'm too much of an introvert to want to meet anybody IRL from an on-line forum.

While I enjoy exchanging thoughts and ideas with others in a forum such as this, any actual contact would be "too close" for me.

I am, what I am :cool: ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom