Sex Worker 3001 - 10,000 3 1.99%
Major ****ing Artist 1 0.66%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Re: How Many Sex Partners Have you Had
Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 AM   #61
Moderator Emeritus

Ol Rancher,

I know what you are going through to some extent. *Dating again after being married for so long especially when one is no longer a "kid" brings with it its' own set of unique issues. *Dating in your 50's or later in this day and time is VERY different than when we do so when we got married (partnered) so many years ago. *It is a very different world now with a whole new set of dating issues and unwritten "code" to learn and understand. *

As for the gravity thing and women in their 50s, all I can say is gravity and age have not been all that kind to me either. *You learn to overlook some things since you cannot change them. *Physical apperance is not everything....it is truly what is inside that make the difference. *Sure a nice package is easier on the eyes and can make the pulse race but it is all about what you are looking for in a "date". *I did the dating scene for a while at age 52. *I was rough and I almost walked away from it. *I dated some younger women but kept going back to the ones closer to my age; we just had more in common and got along better. *

Hang in there. *Give it some time before you throw in the towel. *Take small steps and don't expect too much. *Just look at it as having fun with someone for a while and see what happens. *Just watch out for the ones that want to marry you after 3 dates. *Do what works for you. *If you need a "vacation" from it then take one but don't forget that is is just a vacation. *
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #62
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol_Rancher
I slept with about 25 before I married my true love (my second wife) and was faithful throughout the 20 + year relationship.

The secret of the high numbers (all female) before my second marriage was the occupational hazards of being a school teacher. Lots of women at work, few other single men and so little time.

Sucumed to the wiles of two women since. The sex has been good (at times great) but I forgot how much 'work' it takes. Vitamin 'S' is the world's most expensive drug. Infatuation is sooo intoxicating but like the drug it is, eventually it fades. Like crack you can never ever really get that first hit high again.

The 'work' part is in reference to having to reassure a female how 'special' they are and having to listen attentively to there booooring stories. Perhaps I should hold out for someone who is really more my type? At my age (59) that might take too long. Marriage is out and putting someone else's kid through college is out.

Now I am not the looker I once was, but the years and gravity have been cruel to women in their mid-fifties.

I am seriously considering just putting that part of the 'eternal dance' aside and enjoy the elements of life that are entertaining more sustainable.
There is always Thailand.

Seriously at 58, I am faced with the same concerns. I am keeping myself in good physical shape (bicycling, home exercising). For the 1st time that I can remember, I actual lost weight during the winter months. If only I had hair on my head, I probably would look no more than 65 38 yo.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:14 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
*I dated some younger women but kept going back to the ones closer to my age; we just had more in common and got along better. *

Quote:

My experience also. I recall one in particular who was about 15
years my junior. She said "You can't keep up with me!"
I was surprised but she was 100% right. Smart lady.

JG
MRGALT2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:38 AM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek

Quote:
I slept with about 25
LOL* , I'm on the warpath about the phrase "slept with" as it surely does not indicate what was happening.* As Newman on Seinfeld once said, "There was very little sleeping going on".

We're* discussing having sex, screwing, f**king, banging, diddling, hosing, nailing, gettin' it on, doing the deed, but we are not discussing sleeping!

Ok, now that I have cleared up this essential point, you may all continue to lie about all of your sexual exploits and fanticies.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #65
Full time employment: Posting here.

didn't have to pay for sex

BUT

made a couple of bucks... does that count?
Enuff2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enuff2Eat
didn't have to pay for sex

BUT

made a couple of bucks... does that count?
Yeah.
In the interest of the forum's interest in sexology and just plain purient interest:
1. a. How many bucks
b. How much did you charge on average
c. What was it you did exactly
d. Anything else you wish to say

8)

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:52 AM   #67
Give me a forum ...

Just thought I'd bring this thread back.............

I also voted............. :P

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #68

Any of you that admitted more than 5 are either lying or wishing.

I do have a question or 2 that needs answering before I cast my ballot. Does this number account for both before and after marriage? Also, how can I be assured that this disclosure will not be used against me in divorce court?

I await you reply.

----

mickeyd - why do you think we are lying? I'm 38 and single (divorced). Since the age of 17, I've had 6 relationships that have been over 2 years (including my marriage). So that's 6 right there. Then there are the people I've dated in between those, and then there are a few "I'm on vacation and single and drinking great wine/margaritas/beer and no one will ever know anyway" encounters, and I'm easily in the teens.

If you didn't get married young or for very long, I don't think this is that unusual.

Karen

Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #69
Gone but not forgotten

I was single in the days of Free Love .Need I say more !
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg
I was single in the days of Free Love .Need I say more !
No, but I'm all ears if you want to.

Ha
Old 05-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #71

The more creative you are the more sex. ....

The big bang theory of art

By Ben Macintyre - The Times

“SEX AND ART are the same thing,” declared Pablo Picasso; this was one of the greatest chat-up lines ever, from a master of the art.

Finally, a scientific survey has proven what everyone has long suspected (which is what scientific surveys ought to do): creative artists, it appears, really do have more exotic love lives than the rest of the population. The new study, published this week in Proceedings of the Royal Society, suggests that artists, from poets to painters to puppeteers , have, on average, twice as many sexual partners as non-artists.

Promiscuous Picasso, Lord Byron the philanderer, Dylan Thomas the boozy womaniser: these were not simply bonking Bohemians, it seems, but artists doing what their genes told them to do. According to the researchers the greater the artistic endeavour, the larger the sexual appetites. (There are some obvious exceptions to this rule: Julio Iglesias once boasted that he had had sex with 3,000 women, but has never yet sung a decent song.)

Indeed, artistic ability may have evolved as a form of mating display, a courtship technique to attract partners. In his 2001 book The Mating Mind, Geoffrey Miller argued that intellectual and artistic ability were a form of human plumage, designed to entice sexual partners. “Come up and see my etchings” may be a central statement in human evolution.

* Why do men find big lips and little noses so sexy? I'll paint you a picture :

Artists have more sex, of course, because that is what they are expected to do. As rule breakers, they are assumed to act on impulse, unconstrained by the mores that apply to the rest of society. Artists also tend to die young, making it imperative that they gather ye rosebuds while they may. Poets, in fact, die younger than any other sort of artist, and younger than almost any other type of professional, including deep-sea divers. When Andrew Marvell wrote To his Coy Mistress, he was speaking for all artists who sense Time’s wingéd chariot hurrying near, and want to get laid, a lot, before it runs them over:

Artists are not only expected to have sex more, but also to write, paint, sing, compose and talk about it, endlessly, preferably in smoky bars. For Picasso, sex was a prevailing theme: a recent exhibition in Paris, Picasso Erotique, displayed no less than 330 paintings, drawings, engravings and sculptures portraying sexual congress, or what Gertrude Stein called Picasso’s “dirty side”. Picasso was genuinely interested in sex, all his life, but most modern artists feel obliged to include sex in their portfolios, as a matter of form. Tracey Emin’s installation Everybody I’ve Ever Slept With: 1963-1995 is a very good joke, but also a wry reflection on the modern artist who is obliged either to celebrate sex or to fake it. The Bad Sex awards, presented annually to the most embarrassing description of the sexual act, is never short of contenders.

Artists may not actually have wilder sex lives than mere mortals; they may simply be better at misrepresenting what they do in bed. Jerry Seinfeld once remarked: “Everyone lies about sex. People lie during sex. If it weren’t for lies, there’d be no sex.”

“Nothing nauseates me more than promiscuous sex in and out of season,” wrote D. H. Lawrence, simultaneously yawning and panting, to Lady Ottoline Morrell.

On the day the sex lives of the artists was unveiled, another, much grimmer report appeared under the less than enticing title Who Pays for Sex? Based on a survey by the Medical Research Council, this showed that the number of men paying for sex has doubled over the last decade, with nearly one in ten of all males admitting that he had done so during the previous five years. Anybody on the forum paid for sex

The general devaluation of sex surely explains why, more than ever, we need to associate sex with art, glamour and the carefree misbehaviour of a Picasso or, for that matter, a Kate Moss. Three weeks after Byron died in 1824, The Times declared him “the most remarkable Englishman of his generation”; this, it should be remembered, was an Englishman who had rogered practically anything with a pulse, including boys, various grandes dames and his own half-sister. He was mad, bad and dangerous to know; and, as an artist, he was fêted for it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:04 PM   #72
Give me a forum ...

Hmm...no correlation here. I dont have an artistic bone in my body.

Another low and slow one right over the plate...
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #73

Quote:
Somehow this reminds me of the comedian joking about how he never had more sex than when he was a boy scout troop leader...
You talking about Canteen Boy?

Old 05-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

okay i admit it im a slut. there i feel better!

i really am trying to kick the habit, im wearing this damn condom patch.

i guess its working im down to only 2 butts a day
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:11 PM   #75
Give me a forum ...

i grew up right in that perfect little window. right after the invention of the birth control pill and before aids.

aaaah life was good!
mathjak107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer12345
Somehow this reminds me of the comedian joking about how he never had more sex than when he was a boy scout troop leader...
I was a boy scout leader for many years. There were lots and lots of single moms with their sons in scouts for "male influence." They were generally not in a longterm relationship and would have liked a man that showed any interest in their children. Had I been single...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #77
Gone but not forgotten

Send a message via AIM to Khan

I am the entertainer
Been all around the world
I've played all kinds of palaces
And laid all kinds of girls
I can't remember faces
I don't remember names
Ah, but what the hell
You know it's just as well
'cause after a while and a thousand miles
It all becomes the same

The Entertainer
-words and music by Billy Joel
Old 05-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #78
Recycles dryer sheets

25 - 30

I did a count at age 34 or so and the sum was 25 then. Add about 3 or 4 so more for the last 25 years.

I was an school teacher - usually only two or three men on the staff .. an occupational hazzard.

Began teaching in late '60s

Yee Haw
Ol&#039; Rancher<br /><br />I wake up in the morning with nothing to do, and by the end of the day, I feel lucky if I&#039;ve gotten less than half of it done.
Ol_Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #79

Over 100, no brag just fact.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #80
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cube_rat
Who in the heck selected 0 partners?? Fess up you lurking virgins!
I did but Im lying..I think
Mwsinron is offline   Reply With Quote