How many US Presidents can you name?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Prompted to test myself this morning, thought I'd do better frankly, only knew 28 of 44 - though it was a quick run through, I should've worked at it a little longer. If I worked at it I might have gotten 41 eventually, but there were 3 that didn't sound familiar at all :eek: (#10,11&21) - I wouldn't have expected that!

I got 1-3, 5-7, 16-18, 23, 26-27 & 29-44. :angel: So I easily recall the early ones, the Civil War era and all but one since 1901, presumably like most Americans.

I missed 4, 8-15, 19-22, 24-25 & 28. :facepalm:

Working the brain is good exercise right? :flowers:

Slow news day...Presidents of the United States (POTUS)

Last edited:
For some reason my GS who is 5 had a thing about Presidents and States. He memorized every President, VP, State and Capitol along with a bunch of other things. During this learning process I also was able to learn all the Presidents so this quiz is a snap for me.

Anyone remember this?

The tv show The Real McCoys had an ep where someone (I think a new person that was just in this ep) asked someone (I think it was Walter Brennan) what president came after X. He named each president in order until he came to the correct one and it was pretty current at the time, late 50's.

So I was impressed by that and I memorized them in order but forgot them in a year or two.

I think I could name them all, but fortunately their parents already did, so I don't have to....

I'll bite: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Quincy Adams, Jackson, Harrison, Tyler, Van Buren, Taylor, Pierce, Buchanan, Lincoln, Johnson, Grant, Hayes, Cleveland, Garfield, Arthur, McKinley, Roosevelt, Taft, Harding, Wilson, Hoover, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama

That's 38 individuals.

Now to check my work...

Missed Polk, Fillmore, B. Harrison, Coolidge, and Ford? (wtf)

Not quite in order, but relatively close...

Presidents, pooh! How paltry!;)
In the early 19th century, even mere schoolgirls of 11 or 13 knew "the chronological order of the kings of England, with the dates of their accessions and most of the principal events of their reigns...the Roman emperors as low as Severus; besides a great deal of the heathen mythology, and all the metals, semi-metals, planets and distinguished philosophers." (Mansfield Park, by Jane Austen)

Back
Top Bottom