How much does car color play a part in your car purchase decision?

Does the color of a car influence your car purchase descision?

• No. It's only what's under the hood that counts

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Not really, it's not a top consideration.

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Yes, but it's not a top consideration.

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Yes! THAT color is me!

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Since my mind is in a car browsing state, was wondering, how much does having a favorite color play a part in your car purchase decision. For me, I know that is does, as there are some colors, I really like, some I can get by with, and some some I really don't want.

For me, I put down, yes, but not top consideration.

Wanted a car with anything but a black interior. We ended up buying a car with a black interior.... vowing to never do that again (again)

Won't buy any car with a black exterior. They would almost have to give it away for me to take one. It looks sharp when it is clean, but it is a PITA to keep it that way and too hot in the Summer :mad:

In the past, I've always had a color I wanted (or sometimes a couple of colors) but it was always the first thing to go when buying a car. For example, for my current Prius, I wanted a red one. The only red ones within hundreds of miles of here either didn't have features that I wanted or had a bunch of features I didn't want. The Prius that had the features that I wanted was gray. So....I have a gray Prius.

This next car that I plan to buy I'm going to get the color I want. If I have to special order it to get the features and color, so be it. But I'm tired of never seeming to get what I want.

White or silver - don't show the dirt or dust as Ronnieboy pointed out and much cooler on a sunny day. I would never buy a dark colored vehicle.

DD

White or silver - don't show the dirt or dust as Ronnieboy pointed out and much cooler on a sunny day. I would never buy a dark colored vehicle.

DD

Silver, for sure, for the same reason (won't show dirt or dust as much as darker colored cars).

I told the salesman that I wanted to test drive a Venza with a certain configuration.

He got the keys to a gray metallic Venza, and then said, "Is this color OK for you?"

I said, "Does it show dirt? I want a color that doesn't show dirt". He said it wouldn't, so I test drove and then bought it. He was right.

When I was car shopping I rejected the first few Honda Crv's that I saw because I did not like the color . I finally found a color (white ) I could live with and had the features I wanted at a dealer an hour away .

The color is not important for me. I will take any color as long as it is not red, black, white, yellow, blue or green. Oh, add purple.

The color is not important for me. I will take any color as long as it is not red, black, white, yellow, blue or green. Oh, add purple.

So, gray and that flashy orange that was popular a couple years ago? Oh... I suppose there's always taupe or a stylish pink (only acceptable on a caddy though)

I would never buy a black car. I could almost tolerate every other color, if the price was right, but not black.

Attachments

• MK.jpg
    MK.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 125
When I worked for MegaMotors we could directly order our lease cars, but certain colors were not allowed. I found it ironic that we offered colors that even we thought were too ugly. Think purple, lime green.......

I voted for the third choice, but (surprise!) I am picky about color. My favorites are silver, gold, white, black, and British racing green (the latter paired with a tan interior).
I would never purchase a car in bright red, bright yellow, or that burnt orange that seems to be somewhat popular. I am also not terribly fond of blue unless it is maybe a bluish-gray metallic.

Probably the last thing I consider in buying a car, but it's still fairly important.
I nearly always go with either silver or gold/tan, for two reasons.

First, they're highly visible, so I think they may be a little safer.
Second, they don't get as hot as dark colors.

I voted for the third choice, but (surprise!) I am picky about color. My favorites are silver, gold, white, black, and British racing green (the latter paired with a tan interior).
I would never purchase a car in bright red, bright yellow, or that burnt orange that seems to be somewhat popular. I am also not terribly fond of blue unless it is maybe a bluish-gray metallic.

I like that burnt orange :)

I prefer silver paint with black or maybe charcoal/grey interior. There are some makes I may consider in a dark blue or charcoal/metallic grey color but the interior has to be black or grey/charcoal.

I like that burnt orange :)

I am a stick-in-the-mud for sure. It can take me years to feel comfortable with new things, and I tend to buy the same things over and over again. Ho-hum.

That is a popular color and I have noticed it on some attractive models. It IS a nice, rather earthy tone. :flowers:

It's pretty important for me. I like black, dark blue, silver and forrest green. That's it. My current car is black and I live in the deep south.

Don't care about looks but in the future I will always get white if possible. It doesn't show dirt as much. Our white Tacoma can be quite dirty and still look clean.

I am a stick-in-the-mud for sure. It can take me years to feel comfortable with new things, and I tend to buy the same things over and over again. Ho-hum.

That is a popular color and I have noticed it on some attractive models. It IS a nice, rather earthy tone. :flowers:

I like the color both for appearance and functionality. The appearance is subjective. The functionality I see is that looking for one with a not too popular color, yet standing out, makes it easier to spot in a croweded parking lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom