How much money is in your wallet right now?

Me $0. DH usually has around $40 in his wallet. No coins either.
Like other wives, I've found he's way handier than an ATM!
I keep a couple of debit cards and a Penfed CC in my wallet.

Always ZERO in the wallet....Dad taught me to carry currency in the front pocket for safety....

$566 currently....not unusual since I frequently shop flea markets, coin shops, etc. looking
for my next treasure....and cash talks!
:blink:

I keep $100 tucked away in the corner of the wallet for emergencies. I have only had to use it once when the restaurant would not take a credit card. I keep ~$30 in spending cash but it lasts a long time because I put just about all charges on a credit card and pay it off each month.
I couldn't imagine leaving home without some cash. One day my credit card might not work or something....
Same here. $100 (2-50's) tucked away & $40-60 in the main bill pocket.

I use a CC card for most big items but I'm one of those folks that use the cash envelope method of budgeting. Going to dinner or grocery shopping? I take it out of the envelope and have the bills in my wallet.

Knowing myself, if I would use a CC card for these two items I know that I would spend more than I budgeted.

$35 at the moment.
I get $120 of "honey money" every two weeks, sometimes I have to tell her I don't need it, other times I'm down to near zero.
Use debit for gas, rarely buy anything so it can sometimes last for weeks.

I consider myself super rich if I have a $20 bill in my wallet. Having been a business owner for many years, you get used to living by CC because then, at least, you have some record for Uncle Sammie at the end of the year.

In the State of Texas you are considered indigent if you have less than $3 on you. Most of the time that's what I had. Call me "Indigent.":whistle:

Still have the same $37 from yesterday; don't seem to spend much since I started taking my breakfast and lunch to work instead of going to Starbucks and McDonald's.

Last edited:
£20 in my wallet and £2.70 in coins.

2 weeks ago I needed £1,430 in cash at short notice so walked into the bank and wrote a check for £1,600 cash. I was SHOCKED that the teller didn't ask for id - 1st time I had ever been in that bank, which is a branch of my actual bank.

He lifted out a pre-wrapped pile of £20's with £1,000 written on the wrapper and weighed it. He then counted out 30 more £20 bills and weighed them. I walked directly to the place I needed the cash and handed over £1,430. On unwrapping the £1,000 stack she found all the correct number of £20 bills plus a £10 bill. I didn't take it back to the bank, serves them right for crappy security by the teller.

A related question...does anyone keep an "emergency $20" in their car glove compartment ? Or lesser amounts?
I have found this habit to be extremely useful when I am in places where cash is king (no ATMs nearby).
Maybe it's a "living in the boondocks and the power may go out" thang.:cool:

Yes; I always have a "stash" somewhere in the car; probably due to my father's rule of "always having money to call home" or some such. :rolleyes: Also a stack of quarters for those unscheduled car wash stops. :D

In my wallet, $237 and change.

I like to keep some cash with me always and usually have between $50 and $200. The credit card gets much more use now, but there are still many times that cash is quick and convenient. My trips to the ATM are about once a month now as compared to once a week when I was working. About $50 dollars is stashed in a small container in each vehicle for emergencies.

$1 Trini
5 Bolivares

$0 USD :(
$25 B-day check from DW's grandma. I feel bad cashing it, but then I get pressure to and fall into a Seinfeld episode.

Okay I counted - $74 plus maybe $1 in coins. I sometimes go out to eat with a friend where it's easier to have cash. I pay for everything I can with credit cards and pay them off in full at the end of the month. I have to carry more than one because not everyone takes Amex, which gives me the best cash back. Free Amex through Costco.

The end result is simple banking - I write 1 - 3 checks a month. :D

Yes; I always have a "stash" somewhere in the car; probably due to my father's rule of "always having money to call home" or some such. :rolleyes: Also a stack of quarters for those unscheduled car wash stops. :D

In my wallet, $237 and change.

Your father and my father must have been cut from the same cloth. "Always have money to call home" and "always have money to take a cab home".
I eat out for lunch quite a bit (3xweek as I still w*rk) and many of the dining spots are little individually owned places that do not take credit cards. And I always leave a tip in cash and generally tip at least twenty-five percent...more if I ordered some dinky thing like a cup of soup. It is just as much work to bring the soup and inquire after you as a luncheon platter.

$0 in my wallet

$376.93 in my pocket

I pay cash for anything less than about $500, then debit. Last 3 credit card bills have been $0, $0, and $36.32 (Visa hates me).

wonder if the US will ever eliminate 1 dollar paper money and use coins like O' -Canada - eh?

You mean the "Looney?" It would seem to make sense since paper dollars wear out easily and money could be saved by not printing replacements so often.

I have $18 in my wallet. I usually get $40 at a time and $60 when I travel.

Milkman

Last edited by a moderator:
I have about $30.00 in my wallet now & I'm about ready to hit up an ATM. I generally take out $200.00 every 2-3 weeks. I have no idea where it goes but I'm not tracking that close.

Big change from Japan. They don't believe in credit & are just starting to see debit cards. In 2008, I regularly took out $2000.00 equivalent and felt very comfortable carrying it around. Of course, it took over $100.00 to fill up the car (small Nissan) and a medium cost dinner with one drink was $60.00/person.

I had a local credit card but rarely used it. First time (about 1998) was in a big electronics store and none of the clerks had ever seen one. They had to call a store manager to tell them what to do with it.

Lorne

Am I the only one to wear a money belt? Always carry $500 in it for emergencies. Haven't had one for several years, so don't know why I still carry that amount. A carry-over from being on the road in sales for 30 years.

$63 dollars in money clip, in front pocket. Mostly pay for purchases with cash back credit card and BP or Shell gas card.

Change goes into coin holder in car. Never carry any.

$0 at this time. Only a few receipts for stuff I paid for. Usually, I try to keep about $40 in my wallet. But my first choice is to use plastic (paying off the balance each month, of course).

A bit over $500 now.
Leaving for another trip tomorrow.
Keep it in my front pocket.
never any $$ in the back pockers.

Am I the only one to wear a money belt? .........

I use one when I am overseas, but I never thought to wear one everyday. In fact I don't wear any belt everyday.

Back
Top Bottom