How much money is in your wallet right now?

$104 ..... I went out of town in January and always like to have a few bills on me. Normally I have about $20.

$200 because I need to pay a handyman in cash for patching our leaking roof, but it's usually only $10-$20. I rarely use cash.

$47 in money clip in front pocket

Usually $20. Cash is for emergencies only.

The two exceptions are going out with a group (don't want to be the guy collecting everyone else's money) or buying groceries at Aldi (only take cash or debit).

$36.53 at 6.04pm today. I pay most things with personal credit cards or business cards for other job-related expenses.

$123 and that's after paying $42 cash inc. tip at lunch today and buying a $10 picture at a thrift store. There is a hundred dollar bill moldering away in the wallet and I like to have cash for the weekend yard sales ($15 oak two drawer file cabinet last weekend). Will probably stock up pre-weekend or have the gal trade me out of the hundred as she likes carrying them.

A related question...does anyone keep an "emergency $20" in their car glove compartment ? Or lesser amounts?
I have found this habit to be extremely useful when I am in places where cash is king (no ATMs nearby).
Maybe it's a "living in the boondocks and the power may go out" thang.:cool:

$83.13.
Carry cash mainly for farmers market.
Most transactions are on credit card with rewards.
I do have a stash of quarters for one or two trips to laundromat or thrift store per year.

Last edited:
I'm guessing here, but I'll bet very few of you responding with numbers like $0 or $20 have teenagers in the house.

I'm guessing here, but I'll bet very few of you responding with numbers like $0 or $20 have teenagers in the house.

Correct-a-mundo. At least for DH and I.

$61.00

It took a little work to determine the actually count. The bills were heavily deteriorated from moth holes due to lack of use. The CC is used almost exclusively and paid off in full at the end of the month. Easier to track expenditures that way. Cash is used only where a vendor does not accept CC or charges a premium.

I usually have between $20 and $40 in my wallet unless I am going out to do some food shopping, in which I will carry another $40 or $60. At my dance events they only take cash so I pay $5 or $7 per night as many as 3 nights a week. After 2 straight nights of dancing, I have $24 in my wallet now and another $20 in the desk drawer, so I am due for another trip to the ATM to restock the drawer with $160 which will last me about 2 weeks.

I keep $100 tucked away in the corner of the wallet for emergencies. I have only had to use it once when the restaurant would not take a credit card. I keep ~$30 in spending cash but it lasts a long time because I put just about all charges on a credit card and pay it off each month.
I couldn't imagine leaving home without some cash. One day my credit card might not work or something....

$47 in money clip in front pocket

I have only $20 now, because the young wife has decided she needs cash and I'm way more convenient than an ATM.

$42 in my wallet. Being in a small town I rarely use credit cards, it's easier to write a check for most purchases. If I get moved I guess I'll have to get used to using my debit card or CC. I've had the debit card for two years and have never used it. Actually I've never used an ATM either.

$40 right now, but that is lower than normal because I haven't been to my ATM lately. Usually between $100 and $300.

Usually around USD150 equivalent. Go to the ATM when it gets down to USD100. Even if I go out for a walk, I carry a little bit of cash in case I lose my house keys or emergencies like that.

$292 - for bribes and such, or a cash only haircut.

I start each month with $50 in cash. It's for my own personal spending and most months I end the month with more than half of it left. This month I only have $11 left. I went out to lunch with my sister and niece and paid for some postage. I don't know where the rest went. We put all expenses on the PenFed card for the rebate but I make a point of tipping with cash if we go out to eat.

It's rare for me to not know exactly where it went, I'm just like that. I'm making an effort to let go and spend it so I guess I was successful this month.:biggrin:

DH gets $80 for the month and by the middle of the month he'll have less than $20 and he'll be down to ones by the last week. I've asked him if he'd like more cash for the month and he doesn't want any more than $80. He doesn't like to think about money so for him to have control over $80 at a time (and make it last a month) is enough of a fiscal exercise.

A related question...does anyone keep an "emergency $20" in their car glove compartment ? Or lesser amounts?
I have found this habit to be extremely useful when I am in places where cash is king (no ATMs nearby).
Maybe it's a "living in the boondocks and the power may go out" thang.
coolsmiley.gif

I did that for my son when he went to college in my old car. He ended college with that same $20 in an envelope so it's his now (in a better car). It was for gas if he was broke or for an emergency.

$ 132 and change . I was going out to dinner with my gym pals and we all just throw money in so I needed the cash . Plus afterwards we were going to ( Okay don't be shocked ) drag queen bingo which is done to raise money for Aids and the place only takes cash .

$87 at the moment. I still pay cash for gasoline and if we go out to eat I pay cash for that. There's just something that irks me about writing a check for something long after it's been used/consumed.

Back
Top Bottom