How not to retire early

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
There are some videos on how people are coping with the financial disaster... there are different videos of different family and how they are coping... here is the second video on one guy who really made a bad decision...

Yahoo! Elections 2012 - Remake America

I feel sorry for the guy, but he should have known better....

He took a big time (& IMHO inappropriate) risk and it didn't work. If he had a successful store you would not heard of him, just another Chamber of Commerce story of 'how to succeed'. Still feel sorry for the guy, I hope he can find employment somewhere. Need to take risks like this when younger and there is time to recover.

Update to Bill and his hardware store

When I first saw this, I was thinking that he had made a bad decision... it seems now it has come home to roost... he said he has not paid any rent on the place in a year... and he thinks that he should get some more time:confused:

I do feel sorry for the guy, he just made a bad decision....

Episode 19: 'I'm not a quitter ... I'm still up for a good fight' - Yahoo! News

Last edited by a moderator:
Risking money he borrowed to buy himself a job late in life. Bad idea!

I know people like Bill...more hope than reality in their lives. It is distressing to me to see this happening to others; I know people who borrowed on their home's equity to purchase a business or another house. They ended up losing both. I think i may have a case of survivor's guilt.

What was he thinking? All over the country little family owned hardware stores are going under because they cannot compete with the big guys. Wrong business to start and at the wrong time.

What was he thinking? All over the country little family owned hardware stores are going under because they cannot compete with the big guys. Wrong business to start and at the wrong time.
Like he said, he still has a lot of fight in him. Some people cannot differentiate between what they can accomplish with hard work and positive thoughts, and what just comes down the road and could bury even Pollyanna and Horatio Alger rolled into one.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom