Votes: 43 20.5%
  • 30 - 39

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • 29 or younger

Votes: 11 5.2%

• Total voters

Rich_by_the_Bay

Moderator Emeritus
Been a while since we've done this poll, but I think we are "skewing" a little younger than a year or two ago. So, how old are you?

I am 29, blond, thin and independently wealthy - how about the rest of you? :)

OK, OK - I'll vote...

I'll bet the vast majority on here are 50-59, but I may be wrong..............:)

I thought the majority would be in the 50-59 group also. But I'm really surprised at the jump from 30-39 to 50-59. So where are the 40-49?

Just a guess, but at w*rk?

Guilty as charged.........:p

It sucks being 40........unless you started saving at 20,so you are FIRED at 40..........:D

i presume that since you asked me such a personal question i'll be getting a dinner out this?

I'm 49 at the moment. Ask me again in 52 days and I'll be in the next bracket.

I just turned 29 a few days back. I can hear the ticks on my life clock counting down the dreaded departure from my 20's. What a horrible noise....TICK.....TICK....TICK....

I just turned 29 a few days back. I can hear the ticks on my life clock counting down the dreaded departure from my 20's. What a horrible noise....TICK.....TICK....TICK....

I feel for you Honey. :)

Ha

The 20's have been highly over rated.....30's were pretty darn good.....then again the 40''s were even better! But, hey, I gotta tell ya......50 is fantastic!

50 is the absolute best.....because I FIRE'd and it's just like being 5 again! No work. No school. Get up when I'm ready. Take a nap when I feel one coming on. Go to bed when I'm tuckered out. And best of all, just like being 5 again.....THE ENDLESS DAYS OF PLAY!!!

So, yep, 50 is the best.......so far! And I'd venture to guess that next year, and each successive year will be even better!
party-smiley-018.gif

I turned 60 four months ago and felt older immediately. A psychological thing ... but real nonetheless.

So far 30 felt really odd (not old)to me. 40 didn't bother me and 50 well I went around telling everyone I was now a half a century old. (And that didn't bother me either.) In 5 years it will be the big 6-0. Mmmm that might feel odd also?

And just as an aside, no 70-80 in sight yet? Does that mean that they (like my parents) refuse to enter this brave new world called the Internet?

I'm 58 til March. Not long ago, I went jogging with my 32 year-old son. We kid around with one another often, part of the patter. When we were done, he said, "Not bad, Dad, considering you're pushing 60."

At first I thought he was giving me his typical "hard time." He wasn't. Ouch ;)

I used to be in the 40-49...but 2 weeks ago I turned fffifty.

Congratulations! I'm 59 and a half, so I am in the same age group as you. Honestly, my 50's have been the best decade of my life. They are WAY under-rated! :D Hope yours are terrific as well.

I'm 58 til March. Not long ago, I went jogging with my 32 year-old son. We kid around with one another often, part of the patter. When we were done, he said, "Not bad, Dad, considering you're pushing 60."

well, when you hit 60 just tell people you're nearly in your 50s.

i'm nearly in my 40s & i'm gonna be here for about the next 10 years.

One 40ish member who will not be at work in 17 more days!

Congratulations Fisherman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I'm 59 and a half, so I am in the same age group as you. Honestly, my 50's have been the best decade of my life. They are WAY under-rated! :D Hope yours are terrific as well.

Thank you...I really appreciate that! :)

I have to be honest that the idea of being 50 bothered me. I was kind of down about it and DH wanted to make me feel better. So....he e-mailed my old work buddies and told them about the "special" day. I got 7 or 8 calls that day singing the happy birthday song and the question, "well, how does it feel to be 50?" I also got a dozen or so e-mails with condolences on this "milestone." :D

Guess I can't lie about my age now, huh?

That day I heard from people that I haven't talked to in years. I laughed all day. It felt good.

Back
Top Bottom