How stupid can you get?

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Maybe tasering isn't such a bad idea for some of these idiots.

MIT student arrested at Logan airport with fake bomb

A sophomore at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology was surrounded by troopers carrying submachine guns and arrested after showing up at Boston's Logan Airport wearing a phony bomb, made partly from Play-Doh, strapped to her chest.

MIT student arrested at Logan airport with fake bomb

No kidding, an MIT student?

As Forest Gump would say, "Stupid is as stupid does".

No kidding, an MIT student?

As Forest Gump would say, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Yeah, her name is Star Simpson. I was able to get onto her blog, here is what she says about herself. I copied and pasted before it gets pulled, which I'm sure will happen pretty quickly.

Hey Nords, she lived in Hawaii, does that explain anything?
azn.gif

---------------------
In a word: Star.

In a sentence, I'm an inventor, artist, engineer, and student, I love to build things and I love crazy ideas.

In a paragraph; I'm currently studying computers and how they work at MIT. I play at a student-run machine shop called MITERS. Before that, I lived for a long time in Hawaii, while traveling the world and saving the planet from evil villains with my delivered-just-in-time gadgets.

You too can fill my email lint-trap - stars at mit dot edu

I got to feel the power and speed of the Wrightspeed X1 - fastest street legal car on the planet, after Bugatti's Veyron, and entirely electric.

Hey Nords, she lived in Hawaii, does that explain anything?
... while traveling the world and saving the planet from evil villains with my delivered-just-in-time gadgets.
Yeah, we do that all the time here.

I can't wait to see what Philip Greenspun and our local newspapers have to say.

Trombone Al, did your beaver check into the breast-augmentation aspects of this important news story? I'm sure Jay Leno would appreciate the help...

In a series of adjectives: stupid, foolish, insane, loopy, irrational, silly, unwise, imprudent, thoughtless.

was surrounded by troopers carrying submachine guns and arrested

I'm kind of surprised that no one has jumped in and claimed she was just exercising her right to free speech to display her artwork at the airport. Followed by comments on the brutal police state we live in.

At least she had the good sense to not argue/resist the officers.

"She's extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used,"

"However, she was rational, and she did answer all questions as required."
So, she may be stupid, or made an extremely poor error in judgment, but at least it looks like she is capable of learning. Something I would expect from an MIT student!

-ERD50

just had an odd memory pop up of some kid back in grade school. he was a goodie two shoes who always got great grades and was never in trouble until they suspended him for carrying a water pistol filled with vodka. it sounds as odd now as it did when it happened then. i figured back then that he was somehow trying to fit in with the cool kids. needless to say, it didn't take.

claiming that crapola strapped to her sweatshirt is what gives art a bad name...

MIT... she must be smart. But smart does not always equate to common sense.

She will increase her awareness of these issue now!

I never thought engineering students were very good artists
Her mom thinks otherwise!

starbulletin.com | News | /2007/09/22/

I'm not up on the latest pop culture and I don't know how clear that sweatshirt's logo is behind the circuit board, but I think it's an icon of a figure running around while engulfed in flames. I've seen it accompanied by a caption that says "WARNING: Do not set yourself on fire!".

Good advice for the MIT student body.

Back
Top Bottom