How to get rid of a dead squirrel

In the real world, animals die and the scavengers take care of them. I would dump him in a nearby ditch for the other critters to enjoy. If you have any bad neighbors nearby...their front yard would be a good place...

Time to to find another dead squirrel, or other animal. Speaking of which, today I was changing the filter on the furnace and found another dead mouse. Last year I found one too. They, thus far, have been on the fan side of the filter which indicates they "live among us" (going down the output side of the heat). I did cover the critter up with some of the plastic wrap that came with the new filter and then placed him (I checked) in the trash container for next weeks haul to the land fill.

True story. Dear SIL goes out to her car one morning and notices a rather bad odor. There are skunks in the area so she chocks it up to that. She drives to work and parks. Her co-worker comes in and asks if anyone notices the stench in the parking lot. SIL leaves work and now the odor is INSIDE the car. She manages to drive home with the windows down and asks her studly neighbor to have a look at her car. He bends down to check the right wheel well and promptly loses his lunch but manages to cough out the word "paw". As in dead racoon. SIL decides to get on the freeway hoping that the high speed will shake the coon loose. It doesn't work. She then drives to her car mechanic who is like family and begs him to remove it. He won't. She finally calls animal control and a petite 90lb young lady puts on elbow length gloves and pulls it out. It took a complete car detailing to get the odor out.

True story. Dear SIL goes out to her car one morning and notices a rather bad odor. There are skunks in the area so she chocks it up to that. She drives to work and parks. Her co-worker comes in and asks if anyone notices the stench in the parking lot. SIL leaves work and now the odor is INSIDE the car. She manages to drive home with the windows down and asks her studly neighbor to have a look at her car. He bends down to check the right wheel well and promptly loses his lunch but manages to cough out the word "paw". As in dead racoon. SIL decides to get on the freeway hoping that the high speed will shake the coon loose. It doesn't work. She then drives to her car mechanic who is like family and begs him to remove it. He won't. She finally calls animal control and a petite 90lb young lady puts on elbow length gloves and pulls it out. It took a complete car detailing to get the odor out.

I got off easy. My critter chose a good place to die.

You remind me of the times I've been stopped as I backed out of my driveway by a neighbor screaming loudly, about a cat under my car. I only stopped the first time, confused about the fuss. From then on, I said if the cat is too dumb to stay there, that's the cat's problem.

Back when i was 1/2 owner of a small town import auto shop a good customer drove from the coast with a cat in the engine compartment of her car. We removed it in pieces as it was wrapped around lots of the engine plumbing. Nasty job. used several cans of engine cleaner to try and excise the smell. Spent a fair amount of time doing it, charged the customer 1.5 hours + cleaner cost and she was ticked at the high cost. Gotta say i'd rather do a tuneup than disassemble a cat from above and below a car. or brakes. or almost anything mechanical.

Back
Top Bottom